Women On $20.00 Bills

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tommyc03, Mar 27, 2015.

1. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

An interesting article in Government Executive online has a non profit organization petitioning for the replacement of dead presidents on $20.00 bills with the possibility of women on same. here are some possible artist renderings of such bills. What say you? Two of my choices in an earlier thread are included-Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Clara Barton. truth-sojourner.png stanton-elizabeth-cady1.png roosevelt-eleanor.png paul-alice.png medium.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of getting dead presidents off the bills but I would like to see a complete redesign.

Seattlite86 and tommyc03 like this.
  4. Cringely

Cringely Active Member

I prefer dead presidents (and non-presidents), especially ones who had significant influence on how this country came to be.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

As long as it's legal tender, I don't care if they put pictures of the seven dwarfs on the notes.

6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I think Rick has the best answer. I don't collect bills so I'm not partial to any picture, I just hope it's for the right reasons if they change it.

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i would not use any of those bills...

Spud Koolzip likes this.
  8. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

time to start hoarding jacksons

Spud Koolzip and tommyc03 like this.
  9. chip

chip Novice collector

They already had females on our nations currency, that is why the one dollar silver certificates of 1886 and 1891 are called Martha aces, Martha Washington was featured on those bills.

So why did they take Martha off the one? I am sure if General Washington could be asked his opinion would prefer that Martha take his place (again) on the most ubiquitous note, the dollar bill.

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

What would you use instead?

11. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

ten dollar bills

jlogan and tommyc03 like this.
  12. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

I'd say fifties, but then I'd have to deal with getting those back in change

13. Spud Koolzip

Spud Koolzip Member

Leave Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill. He should not be replaced by anyone, male or female. He is among our greatest presidents, just half a step behind the 'holy trinity' of Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson. This politically correct garbage is getting out of hand !!
    Some people have far more time on their hands than they know what to do with intelligently. SMH.
    Want a woman on our paper money? The only logical, patriotic choice would be Miss Liberty, if presented properly. And please, no more Statue of Liberty. We've seen enough of her already.

Lehigh96 and jlogan like this.
  14. Cringely

Cringely Active Member

I would highly argue against Jackson, one of our most partisan presidents, but that is not a relevant topic for this forum (however, the hard times tokens that came into being as a result of his fiscal activities is).
    When we put someone on coins or currency, it should not be because it is politically correct. Otherwise, we could end up changing coins and currency with every change of political power.

15. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

Only president to ever pay off the debt, was opposed to central banks and paper money. I say we keep him :D.

Spud Koolzip likes this.
  16. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Opposed to paper money and there he is on the $20 bill. :):):):)

tommyc03 and jlogan like this.
  17. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

yep, opposed central banks and he's been on Federal Reserve notes since 1914 :)

tommyc03 and furryfrog02 like this.
  18. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Hamilton, Garfield all on paper money and all were against the federal reserve. Is a sort of mockery of them IMO.

19. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

I think Jefferson was also against it

btw, when was Garfield on an FRN?

TheNoost likes this.
  20. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

I got over excited. lol Sorry.

21. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You meant Grant.

BonnieSue likes this.