Wish I could find them all like this

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by TyCobb, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

One box took a month? My God man! I used to do several boxes daily (at the peak of my time doing this). I probably missed some but looking at zincs over and over does get old fast.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DatDareNickelGuy

DatDareNickelGuy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Thats the ticket. When one box brings you down find that one box that brings you up!

4. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Not sure if I want to do a dollar box. I don’t like coins with edge lettering. That said I do buy them from the tellers at the bank from time to time also get them from the convenience store clerks. They love to get rid of them. I just put them away until I have time to learn the varieties, then will search what I have socked away.

5. Beardigger

It took a month because they were new zincolns and I procrastinated going through them.

6. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

I understand.

7. Beardigger

I really am enjoying the penny searching. I like toned coins, and pennies tone nicely. I have found that when I see a dull but toned penny, if I put a drop of germX on it and rub it between my fingers, it takes the grime off and really brings the toning out nicely!! image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  8. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

Germs is likely responsible for the toning. This is hand sanitizer you're talking about, correct?

9. Beardigger

Yep Good ol' everyday hand sanitizer. Won't harm the coin at all, just removes skin oil and grime.

10. Beardigger

No I have tested that on untoned pennies, the GermX does not cause any toning to happen. I have also washed dull toned pennies in warm water, soap and a soft bristle toothbrush. Same result as the GermX, but the GermX is much easier and quicker.

Draft saved Draft deleted