Wish I could find them all like this

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by TyCobb, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Just did another roll and these 3 jumped out at me. 1944 wheat. And a 79 and 80 in pretty good condition for their age. Will probably keep them. Still find a lot of BU 90’s but quit keeping those. I have enough.

image.jpg

DatDareNickelGuy likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DatDareNickelGuy

DatDareNickelGuy Well-Known Member

Dont want to toot my own horn but....... You could check out my 500+ nickel box hunt. I focus on nickles now. And have for years.

Soooooooooooo..... I would say nickels. Maybe im a little bias :)

4. DatDareNickelGuy

Tone on that 79 is nice!

5. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

I can see chucking the 50's cents maybe. Still, I'd pull them to keep for myself (just in case some new variety suddenly appears). Good for the hobby though I'd agree. Just not my wheats.

6. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

I have already been there and done that. I have several thousand of those too. Got bored seeing nicked up and worn pieces (although I pulled many near mint pieces as well). I was hoping you'd suggest something I haven't yet done.

7. DatDareNickelGuy

Yeah trust me I always TRIPLE CHECK my wheats under a scope before giving them out :)

8. DatDareNickelGuy

How bout dollar coins! Love those.

9. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

Still not giving mine back.

10. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

If you can get customer wrapped rolls, anything is possible in them. Bank wrapped, silver nickels are still possible (maybe dimes too?). I am just working on my collection of everything so bank wraps are just fine for me at the moment.

11. DatDareNickelGuy

And with the dollar coins a lot of people dont like hunting those but there are a ton of errors and varieties with the small dollars. I get a box of $1000 about once every couple months.

12. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

I considered dollars but being so 'new' as compared to other coins, I didn't think it would be worthwhile. Do you find anything worth keeping?

13. Beardigger

Here is one from the next roll I did. Maybe I’m not being picky enough!

image.jpg

14. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

First, I have a whole set of brown circulated wheat cents. I would rather someone else find the coin that doesn't have any or hasn't seen one before. Secondly, I really like high grade blazing red wheat cents in those little plastic holders.

DatDareNickelGuy likes this.
  15. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

Oh I agree but all I see available is the new sealed boxes on modern cents. Very little exposure to customer rolled ones but yeah, if I could get those I'd jump right back in for sure.

16. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

Really? That many varieties? Perhaps I will give them a shot.

17. DatDareNickelGuy

Most definitely! I just started with dollars not to long ago. I love the fact that a lot of people dont do it cause of the price point to get a box. But its house money. I get a box and dump about $980 back to my credit union and keep roughly about $20 in finds.

I got into dollars when watching some YouTube videos on errors and varieties for the small gold dollars. Tons of articles and info online. After about a good week of reading up on all the errors and varieties to look for i got a box.

Prez2 likes this.
  18. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

I have rolls and rolls of almost every year of wheat cents. They are all rolled and separated by year stored in cent boxes stacked on top of each other. I'm hoping something will turn up one day so they're staying stacked never to be returned to circulation.

gronnh20 likes this.
  19. DatDareNickelGuy

My first box I found 5 (If I remember correctly) of the 2007 "No edge Lettering" variety.

Great condition. Roughly $10 a piece in Low MS

Mine are in about 64+ condition so around $20-$25

I think you will enjoy them if you are tired of everything else :)

20. Beardigger

My first. Ever box of pennies I bought from the bank was 95 percent zincolns. It really. disappointed me. Took a month to go through it. Gave pennies up for awhile. Started with a new box plus 50 cwr rolls from different places and enjoying it much more. Not hawking all the varieties, but finding a fair amount of wheats , older clean coins, and S mint marks! Keeps it interesting.

TyCobb and DatDareNickelGuy like this.
  21. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

I may just give them a try. Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted