Will This Toning Bring Any Premium??

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by zachfromnj, Jan 19, 2015.

1. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

Was going through my old coins and rediscovered this one....
    Same toning on the back.. Just took a random snap with my iPhone
    I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow, I'll have to dig up my other lamp.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

While its not the best toning, I would pay a premium for it. Maybe not a large chunk but more than a blast white example.

4. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

Looks like a natural grown patina ongoing from the rims to the inner parts of the coin. Worth a premium all day long.

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

7. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

8. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

Should I be looking $150+ ?

9. Doug1974

Doug1974 Active Member

I am not liking the fact it does not state ( toning ) on the label ! But it is a very nice looking coin you have a little jewel .

10. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

maybe $110

11. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Is that something ANACS does?

12. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

No

13. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

Unless I've been out of the loop that long, to my understanding the only toning noted on slabs are those with artificial toning.

Going through heritage I think a blast white sold for $111 months ago than again it was blast white and graded by NGC..

Imo and probably fact anacs coins sell for less which is understandable so let's say on a good day maybe $90-100 for a normal colored coin aka white.. Maybe an additional 20-30% since front/back are toned and fairly appealing *obv biased since it's my coin*

I think $120-140 might be feasible.. If anything I'll throw it on the bay with a best offer option.

14. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. Thanks @bkozak33

15. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

16. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

Its all in the eye of the beholder. I would pay a slight premium on it simply because Ive never seen Ms. Liberty with silver lipstick on before.

Tater and Agilmore01 like this.
  17. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

If you had really good pictures and sold through a well known seller of toned coins, you could probably hammer at $125, although I really think that is optimistic in the current market (and you would obviously have to subtract any fees from that). I think $100 to $110 is more realistic. Your estimate of $90 to $100 for a white specimen in ANACS is probably good, but maybe a bit strong. This is a relatively low grade specimen in an off-brand holder, so you won't get as strong a premium for it as you otherwise would.

zachfromnj likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted