Will this Numerically grade by NGC???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by StevenHarden, Feb 26, 2014.

1. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yeah, but all of those coins have been out of those bags for 40 years or more now. And during that 40 years it's a certainty that they have toned to some degree. Some more than others.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. StevenHarden

StevenHarden Well-Known Member

REPEAT MESSAGE

I never did get a proper response to my previous message and wanted to ask it again before I send this coin into NGC.

Hello All,
    There still seems to be some back and forth going on as to whether this is a business strike or a proof, whether it has been harshly cleaned or not, and whether it will grade numerically or under details. I plan to send this into NGC very soon, but need a little more information. What might I use as a declared value for a coin such as this? The NGC price guide shows $1150 for a standard PF60 grade, but if this is a business strike and likely to receive a details grade, what declared value might I use? Also, does NGC have a minimum grade entry for coins sent to them for grading like PCGS has? And if so, what might I use in that entry box? Of course like all of us, I would like to get this numerically graded, but I just need to know how to properly fill out this submission form for this particular coin. Again, any and all information is appreciated. Thank you all for your input.

Thank You

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I would declare the value at $800. Don't put anything in the min. grade box.

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

https://www.ngccoin.com/contact-us.aspx

As proper an answer as you can get.

Draft saved Draft deleted