Will this grade 64

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Eng, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Had my coin club last week a older gentlemen 87 always brings some goodies, he's in very poor heath and trying to sell his collection down for his family. over the years he has given me some great deals and i think this might be of them.

Do you think this will grade ms64? 11 and 5 o'clock is my lighting the U does have toning a rusty staple was above it, been in this flip for many years.

IMG_1160_opt (1).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I think you might have a shot at '64. :)

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I don't think so. But you could get lucky.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Eng

I think it could go either way, but I'm leaning toward 63+.

Question: Why do you place your lights opposite one another? You would get better dispersal if they crossed one another (10 & 2 o'clock).

Chris

6. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Thank you for your comments, i couldn't get the color right, so i added another light over the top 11 across to 5 o'clock, my main light is 9-10 across 2-3 o'clock. one light gave me a gold tone. this coin is way better in hand or between fingers.:)you don't see all the chatter. i'm going to send this in the Anacs fall special see what happens.

7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I think the reverse is a 64 all day long, but I think there is too much going on with Liberty's cheek. I think the obverse brings this down to a 63.

8. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

9. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

@Eng, good luck. It would be interesting to know how it comes back.
    Steve

10. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

No. Reverse is nicer than the obverse, but that's typical for Morgans. There are too many marks in prime focal areas on the obverse, including the cheek and obverse fields. A couple of them look more severe than minor scuffs, too. Most likely, this would grade 63, and 62 would be more likely than 64.

Paddy54 likes this.
  11. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Yeah thinking 63 still a nice coin and if you got a deal on here you're still ahead

12. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Not 64. I'm on the bubble between 62 and 63. If this were in a 62 slab I would agree with the grade. If it were in a 63 slab I would probably pass and look for a better example for that grade.

13. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I'd think it would grade 63 , but it's still a nice and attractive one . Hope I'm wrong and you get a 64 though personally I wouldn't send it in for grading .

14. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

15. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Some pretty solid advice/opinions here....
    Luckily, there isn't a huge price jump between grades, and if I'm interpreting this thread correctly, you should make a buck, whether you sent it,or kept her raw

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I'm thinking that Liberty's "shaving cuts" will hold it down to 63.

Stevearino likes this.
  17. murty

murty Junior Member

I'm at MS-63 PLUS

18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

63. Too many tiny marks on the focal areas.

Draft saved Draft deleted