Will the walking Liberty gold sell out?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by spock1k, Nov 17, 2016.

?

Will it sell out

1. Yes

30.0%
  2. No

45.0%
  3. Maybe

25.0%
  4. Don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If that really is all they bought that is an insanely low number for them. There have been special issues in the past that I specifically remember hearing that they purchased something like 10 percent of the entire mintage.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

But that's the 70s... how many 69s and raw coins (less than 69) do you think they have?

4. baseball21

I wouldn't expect a 2016 gold coin from the mint to grade below a 69 at any significant rate, if they are there are some serious problems at the mint. Even if you say only half got 70s that's still under 500 coins when they generally buy them by the thousands if not tens of thousands

5. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

My point was that they will likely offer MS-69 coins as well as raw coins and my jab was at how the coins that didn't get graded at 69 or 70 will be sold as raw coins in OGP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoster38 likes this.
  6. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

7. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

8. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I still think the Mint released this coin too late in the year to ensure a sellout. Having to compete with holiday shopping, i.e. Black Friday, was not the best choice

9. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

That's very nice of them, those wooden boxes don't grow on trees....wait a minute...

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I think HSN should be shot for their coin dealings.

And before anyone jumps in to say "but they have high production costs," SPARE ALL OF US THAT BALONEY!

11. baseball21

To be fair to them they really do have high costs which is the difference in some products, others there is clearly more then that at play. Before condemning anyone to the gallows my question would be who sets the price structure? Do they have free reign, does the network have a minimum profit margin items must have, do they collaborate ect?

To be honest though I feel like most peoples objections are more to the manner in which they are marketed as opposed to the pricing

Golden age likes this.
  12. stoster38

stoster38 Member

My objections are to both things lol I feel HSN takes advantage of uninformed consumers. Granted it's not their responsibility to educate the consumer but does seem a bit slimy to me.

Santinidollar and Golden age like this.
  13. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

My pretty lady came home today, and brought her little bird with her. I think she's gorgeous. The best of the 3. Was my favorite design anyway. Was it worth the high price ? Right now, yes. Down the road though ? Only time will tell.

medjoy and stoster38 like this.
  14. Santinidollar

Real slimy!

stoster38 likes this.
  15. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

So I take it that a gift certificate for the HSN as a Christmas gift is what 100 times worse than a store bought FRUIT CAKE?

BTW the fruit cake is laced with 100 y/o rum! :)

dwhiz and Santinidollar like this.
  16. Santinidollar

Through the years, HSN has made a coin market in uninformed consumers -- so uninformed that they don't know the Walking Liberty gold is available from the Mint for more than $800 less. Is that being fair enough to them?

17. Santinidollar

Just got an email from the Mint. Household limit lifted on the WL gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted