Will the walking Liberty gold sell out?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by spock1k, Nov 17, 2016.

?

Will it sell out

1. Yes

30.0%
  2. No

45.0%
  3. Maybe

25.0%
  4. Don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Points well taken. Just thought I'd stir things up a bit......:)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I wouldn't say they produced. They reproduced a previous design I think most collectors want the Mint to produce modern designs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. green18

With all of the crying and whining around here about how the new designs suck?

5. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I should have said collectors want the Mint to produce good/great modern designs lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

green18 likes this.
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Arguably the best designed coins in US history, struck on the wrong metal.

7. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

If the Mint lift the limit yeah I would say it will sell out, but it might take a few weeks if not. Yes it is a lot of money, but I did get mine (3) in. You can get it for MS 70 on ebay around $1100. for it.

8. green18

Fools errand.........

stoster38 likes this.
  9. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

For the same $$$ as an MS63 $10 Lib?...:banghead::rolleyes:

Santinidollar likes this.
  10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Sells out was probably the wrong term for me to use with sold out being more correct. I would call anything sold out when it is no longer available since you cannot buy it anymore even though that is clearly different from something selling out by reaching it's limit.

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

That I would agree with.

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

13. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Enough to scam people lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santinidollar likes this.
  14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The question then becomes what the SECOND days sales were. Probably MUCH lower because most everyone that wanted one bought it the first day.

Look at the SLQ, sold just a little more on the first day and over two months later still hasn't sold out. Has it exceed the 70,000 maximum mintage of the WLH yet? I don't know I don't follow these things. Just checked it is at 80,633. So over two months to reach the lower mintage of a much more expensive coin. (and that is AFTER the household limits were removed) Something tells me the WLH will not sell out.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    -jeffB and stoster38 like this.
  15. baseball21

Not to mention the big boys more then likely bought the SLQs in greater numbers too. I don't recall seeing any presale buy offers from the big boys for the WLH like the other two had.

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'll admit, I looked. For the SLQ, Penn Metals were offering $50 over mint price plus shipping -- one-day shipping back to them, gotta get out in front of the market! -- so they were into each coin for probably $560 before grading fees. A week or two later, they were offering slabbed 70s for something like $575. I can't blame them for being gunshy this time around.

17. baseball21

I think it was Messy who had mentioned that the removal of the household limit caused a lot of them to take a bit of a beating on that one. I can't blame them either for being gunshy after that and even the dime was probably fairly lackluster considering how many still seem to be in stock everywhere.

18. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

The fact is that people don't like this series of gold coins.

The original idea was that the Mint would make versions of these 3 designs in gold (in the original coins' size). Once this idea went by the wayside, interest went with it.

The Mint tried to hide the coins' size at first, and it became apparent after the dime that there was no way to accomplish the task, and interest has plummeted.

19. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Yup!

20. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the issue will eventually sell out. I don't think the Mint melts unsold coins anymore but keeps them until the pieces eventually sell unless I am mistaken.

21. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

They claim to have 178, graded SP70 by ANACS. Just $1,799 -- but don't worry. It comes in the red oak presentation box!:vomit:

Draft saved Draft deleted