Will the special gold eagle hurt the Mint?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, May 24, 2020.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

This is literally almost verbatim stuff every time something like this is released and even on things where the minatage is "lower". But again ignore me listen to the people who have been saying to never buy anything ever again from the mint as they are so outraged they never will time and time again.

The responses to a product are very predictable, but again ignore me and listen to them and stay away from this offering :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

How big is the AGE collector base, though? I thought one of the reasons the First Spouse gold flopped was because there weren't enough folks with deep enough pockets. AGEs are better established, and I'm guessing their collector base is larger, but I'm still not sure how large the "collect the whole set" community is...?

4. St Gaudens collector

St Gaudens collector Active Member

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Registry sets have little to do with how many people collect something or will care about.

But again yes only 9 people will want it so everyone stay away lol

masterswimmer likes this.
  7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Maybe people find them to be too boring. I have tried to collec the ASEs a couple of times and lot interest. It's a good thing too. Keeping that set up to include all of the gimmick coins the mint has issued though the years would cost a fortune. Make that two fortunes if you had to buy them through dealers after the flippers got their cut.

St Gaudens collector likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted