Will CAC automatically resticker regraded coin that went up in grade by a plus?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by calcol, May 25, 2020.

1. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Supposedly when CAC awards a green sticker, it means the coin is solid for the grade disregarding any plus or star that might be present. In other words, pluses and stars are ignored by CAC.

So, if a stickered coin that does not have a plus is submitted to PCGS or NGC for regrading and it receives a plus, but the numerical grade does not change, then theoretically CAC should automatically sticker the new slab. But is this done in practice?

Secondly, what proof does CAC require that they are dealing with the same coin? High resolution photos of the original slab with the sticker on it ... or the label from the original slab ... or ? Or maybe they won't accept any proof and the coin has to be judged anew.

Anyone do this successfully?

Cal

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If the cert number changes then yea photos of before and proof of the change if you're really worried.

You'd have to call and confirm but I believe once the cert number changes you can't do the reholder anymore and need to do a normal submission but yea I've had stuff reholdered/crossed and haven't had any problems submitting again and getting stickers

4. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I wanted to reholder a coin that had a CAC sticker.
    In my case I wanted the variety attribution added to the label.
    CAC said "Yes" BUT the resubmission has to be done by an individual who already has a CAC account.
    So I passed on the action.

Draft saved Draft deleted