why?? oh , why?? such high prices???

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by john65999, Nov 26, 2020.

1. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

I don't think they read your post.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

You're right. No one is denigrating folks who focus their collections on coins in MS 70 or PR70 holders.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

Read what they thought I wrote, at best. The responses were . . . stupifying.

5. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I guess you didn’t bother to read my post either.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Nobody read mine either

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's the same thing every time often by the same people and often from ones that say they'd never collect such a thing. Why so many feel the need to just jump into threads about things they don't like who knows. It's all be said countless times before and called out countless times before and yet it keeps happening.

Kinda weird how we're all supposed to like the same stuff but then some will complain when they think something is selling for much, it's not rocket science to figure out if everyone wants the same thing you better have deep deep pockets

8. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

i feel that driving the prices sky high, then say 10 yrs from now, as people wise up, those very same "rare" (supposedly) coins level off at a much lower price, it is going to sour a lot of people that spent a ton of cash to play this game, just my view on this, is all, people can 9and do ) collect whatever they want, but by artificially raising the value on something that is in no way rare, it just boggles me mind...lol

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  9. baseball21

10 years from now when they wise up about a 1999 over 20 year old coin? :banghead:

10. john65999

i agree with you 100% they control the registry, the game, and the grading, it is in their interet not to grade any more at 70, this would lower the value..maybe many 69's should really be 70's ?? i have a pf 70 kennedy that has rim mark=s on face, a scratch on face and field, yet have many perfect 69's..so what happened there??

11. john65999

how long has this registry game, or contest been going on, i never heard of this until just recently (with my post's answers)

12. baseball21

Registry gets FARRRRRRR to much credit on forums and it's usually by the same people over and over.

Again this is a 1999 coin that has had a huge premium in 70 the entire time

13. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Collecting coins...

... is not the same as collecting plastic.

14. TypeCoin971793

Say what you like, but this buyer was an idiot. :rolleyes:

4D527A87-17AD-4A56-AA82-F45A47CC4D3C.png 9A378A8E-9D59-4C31-9282-175157968015.png

15. baseball21

Maybe you can get in touch so they can get your mentoring to see what they're allowed to like since every collectors goal should be to please you and some forum members right?

16. TypeCoin971793

Not a surprising comment from a plastic fanboy :rolleyes:

micbraun likes this.
  17. baseball21

Lol. What a sad response.

18. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Wow, now name calling? Good grief thought I left that behind with the last romper room forum.

19. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

But it has to be the right kind of plastic.

20. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

The population numbers don't look much different than the Pennsylvania and New Jersey quarters. The Pennsylvania and New Jersey PR70dcam don't carry the same premium.

21. baseball21

It's a lower percentage for the Delaware than those, also design comes to play too. The PA one isn't the greatest but hard to find a 70.

Regardless there's decades now of significant premiums despite what anyone tries to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted