Why is He So Popular?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by toned_morgan, Jan 18, 2019.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Precisely WHY the subject is actively being discussed anew. Many collectors have questioned the status quo, including Exhibiting Committee members. Contrary to what some people believe, the ANA is responsive to dissenters that work within the system.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

The fact is you want to be the arbitrator of what this thread covers and the heck with every other CT member who wants to contribute something. You are the one wanting to shut it down, now because (supposedly, conveniently for you as an excuse) it's 'gone so far over the rails' from the 'original topic' yet you, IMO, have contributed nothing regarding the original topic in here, but have come on for something else, and supposedly because we are promulgating lies and distortions.

Here's an idea.... if you don't like where the thread had gone, pick up your bags (and baggage) and move on to a thread you like. Leave us be on this one. Quit trying to shut us up 'cuz it doesn't fit in with your feeeeewings on this.

Adios.

[​IMG]

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

5. Kasia

^^ not surprised... his mission is to shut down these threads, 'cuz he doesn't want people discussing this ever again. He's a man on a mission or....

someone you look at and say
    upload_2019-1-19_23-58-25.jpeg

6. baseball21

Very well could be an attempt to just get them closed to hide the facts that have been presented

7. Kasia

upload_2019-1-20_0-11-1.jpeg

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I just read in this thread that 4 pillows on a bed are illegal and then some chatter about legal overstruck tokens.

What constitutes a pillow becz i may be in serious trouble.

toned_morgan likes this.
  9. baseball21

They may be by the logic that the other side presents, unless you can find a court case specifically stating that 4 pillows is legal we just can't be sure as they say

Kasia likes this.
  10. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

When something "goes so far off the rails that it is no longer germane to the original topic", it is called a conversation, and conversations naturally change. If you talked to your friends or family about turkey dinner during Christmas for one hour, it would most likely diverge to something like plans for next Christmas or how turkeys and other animals are abused to be eaten. We're also in a conversation because we started with Daniel Carr strikes and then went to coins that are damaged but fetch higher money than usual.

11. toned_morgan

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If you’re going to quote me, at least try to muster to intestinal fortitude not to edit or exclude what doesn’t fit your desperately-embraced narrative, okay?

Resorting to such nonsense is weak, and just like when anyone dares to question PCGS, you treat this crap like it’s your religion. You like his copying and that’s great, but it is what it is and it isn’t going to be definitively answered until or unless it goes in front of a court; it’s really that simple. It matters not what you or anyone else, myself included, wants to believe, nor does Mr. Carr’s deflectively idiotic comparisons to supercharged Corvettes or Andy Warhol make a damned bit of difference. He well knows he’s walking a very thin line as is evidenced by the mere fact he goes to such lengths to try to justify it. Perhaps he’ll walk scot-free or be proven correct in time, but maybe he won’t. Deal with it.

13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

That’s wonderful, Kurt, but believe it or not the almighty ANA isn’t everything no matter how much you may want to believe otherwise.

Again, your appeal to authority argument just doesn’t cut it.

14. baseball21

Ah yes the I was misquoted card is coming out now like always :rolleyes:

15. V. Kurt Bellman

On THIS we completely agree. In fact, even THAT might not definitively resolve it. That’s why we have higher courts, and why stays are granted. Where we disagree is the significance of allowing nearly a decade of status quo to continue. I say it’s compelling. You? Probably not so much.

16. V. Kurt Bellman

In THIS PARTICULAR SUBJECT, all anyone ever has or ever will have is an appeal to authority. That’s the very nature of a quasi-legal dispute. There is no such thing as factual truth here. So put away your logical fallacy “Cheat Sheet” list and grow the heck up, Books. Join the rest of us in the real world. This ain’t some moronic high school debate tournament we’re doing. This is the “big boy long pants” world where appeals to authority carry the day EVERY day.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    baseball21 likes this.
  17. toned_morgan

It seems that your religion is uselessly interfering and just plain annoying everyone.

18. Clawcoins

I've never seen a law that allows us to breathe the air in and around we live, work and play either.

baseball21 likes this.
  19. Clawcoins

If anyone here would bring a lawsuit against Mr. Carr they may have to call in witness experts in the field. If ANA is called then one would have to also bring an argument that the ANA is not an expert in the field, and thus also provide their own expert witnesses.

So if one disses the ANA .... then who else would be the numismatic experts in such a case? and why would they be considered the predominant witness(es) for such a case whether oneself, or another person/organization?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    baseball21 likes this.
  20. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

*cough*
    [​IMG]

21. Kasia

And I thought this was turning out to be a train wreck

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted