Why is He So Popular?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by toned_morgan, Jan 18, 2019.

1. EyeAppealingCoins

EyeAppealingCoins Well-Known Member

Or PACER access. From PACER you can search all cases filed in federal courts across the country regardless of whether there is an opinion. If there is a complaint naming him or his operation as a plaintiff or defendant, it will show.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Actually, I think you are pursuing something not worth pursuing. Why, I haven't a clue, but in reality, a logical discussion of various points that might be considered regarding this type of endeavor can be done without dragging pro or con Daniel Carr or his coinage into it. The fact that I don't see those kinds of posts but do see a lot of posts where trashing him and his coins either directly or in various roundabout passive-aggressive ways means it is more about the anti-Carr than it is in defining what is or should be acceptable, and why, as well as actually naming statutes that can really be used.

Pickin and Grinin and baseball21 like this.
  4. EyeAppealingCoins

Those threads exist. Why reinvent the wheel? I'm not being nasty in my response, but the forum does have a search feature. There are also threads on the PCGS and NGC forums with multiple different authors and points of view. Not too long ago the Federal Trade Commission sought public comments on potentially amending regulations issued under the Hobby Protection Act. There was a discussion there as well.

I did not introduce the debate about his pieces into this thread. I only call out blatant inaccuracies. To suggest that this is a settled matter is objectively wrong. Why should I sit silently when others are intentionally propagating misinformation including some of them with a financial interest in doing so (i.e. Carr himself)?

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Then PACER changed. When I last used it (2005), every district court ran their own. And the price was STIFF, too. Over .30 per page.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

To suggest that something isn't settled which has gone one for many years and had ANA complaints dismissed is objectively wrong. This is and has been settled until proven otherwise. Some people just cannot accept that

Kasia likes this.
  7. baseball21

It's open to anyone, but its like 10 cents a page and if you put in vague terms on a search there is no limit to what you can be charged from what it returns in the search. If you put in vague terms and get 100k pages back, you have to pay them for the full result last I had checked. They don't seem to want people to just be fishing around in it.

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Okay.... that’s not the logical consistency I was referring to, but whatever floats your boat.

Still, give it time and someone will follow his lead and we’ll then hear every idiotic excuse imaginable as to why it’s still okay for him and wrong for others. We’ve already been down this road before and is exactly what happens.

9. V. Kurt Bellman

The last time I used it was 2005 in the Middle District of Alabama. An election case involving federal mandates on a state official who had no powers to act. The DOJ HAD TO sue the Secretary of State to GIVE her powers Alabama statutes forbade her, just like what happened to me years before that.

10. baseball21

It changed a lot over the years. You just have to be careful how you search or you could end up with a big bill

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Simple, what he's doing is specifically crafted to be legally different from what EVERYONE else is doing.

12. V. Kurt Bellman

They still keep your credit card number on file?

13. baseball21

Absolutely. As a private user you get I believe $15 dollars a quarter where if your charges are under that they won't charge you, but you do have to supply a credit card for access so they can charge you if it goes over the threshold.

https://www.pacer.gov/

14. BooksB4Coins

Surely you follow current happenings (or lack thereof) at the federal level. Considering the times this probably isn’t the best case to make in his defense.

With all due respect to Mr. Bolling, appeal to authority arguments just don’t cut it.

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

LOOK what YOU DID on the CARPET!

16. V. Kurt Bellman

They do for purposes of ANA numismatic exhibiting, in which all illegalities are banned. I assume you're referring to administration change at the Denver US Attorney office. The clock ticks. Half the term is already gone, like in a little over 15 hours.

baseball21 likes this.
  17. EyeAppealingCoins

At least Doug didn't rub his nose in it. ;)

18. baseball21

Especially since the ANA legal counsel drafted the final response to the complaint

19. EyeAppealingCoins

OP, the answer to your questions:

1. Some people like his works and are willing to pay a premium. The demand is the reason for the price.
    2. We will never agree on it. Many will argue it's possible, others say never.

That's the answer to this entire thread. Can we lock this thread now? This thread has diverged into another propaganda thread with intentionally repeated inaccuracies. @GDJMSP

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  20. baseball21

Why? Just stop clicking it like you said no need to try and bury information you aren't happy about

Kasia likes this.
  21. BooksB4Coins

ANA exhibiting is great, but in this case is meaningless.
    Considering his position perhaps his views would hold more weight than others, but it’s not his place to make such a definitive ruling.

And no, that wasn’t what I was referring to (think a little higher).

Draft saved Draft deleted