Why Does This Exist?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GrandmaThief, Aug 14, 2019.

?

Would You Buy?

1. Yes

35.3%
  2. No

64.7%
  1. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

I agree and I don't take anything as gospel when it comes to numismatics. I was ripped off by an ANA member that sells on eBay and an ANA representative watched and witnessed the sales of the member who is also a coin doctor and they did absolutely nothing! This hobby requires a tremendous amount of study and resources to properly assess a coins value and whether or not any coin is valuable. IMO, an LDS coin as the one shown has no value and is a quick money grab for certain individuals who are only driven by the money that they can make.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

You are so right, jeffB! A fellow in Australia takes pictures from railroad sites in the US, makes them into larger prints and "resells" them on eBay. Hundreds of stolen listings as the fee is "zero". I've called him out twice... but shame on eBay, again. :-(

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yep it is an "error", an overpolished die that occurs frequently every year. Search enough sent sand you will find detached head coins pretty much every year. It is the same as the "floating roof" Lincoln memorial cents. Like of interesting, but not worth anything. Coin World made a big mistake when they decided to run a "story" on its discovery. Slow news week.

Chuck_A and eric6794 like this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

DSC_1126.JPG Kripes. another woof, woof thread.

This one's for you, old NY&W....Norfolk and western at the moment, but I snuck in for these shots.......Johnson City Railroad Bridge....

6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Both coins didn't sell the first time so the seller has relisted them.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Of course the seller relisted them -- it's free! Gotta keep that AMAZING SELECTION well-populated...

8. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

One of my grandkids came to me with a state quarter , thought he had a miraculous find , I hated busting his bubble but the coin collecter in me had to show him the correct date of the coin !

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted