Why does this Buffalo Nickel have Chinese Chopmarks?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DavidE2001, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DavidE2001

DavidE2001 Member

Why does this Buffalo Nickel have Chinese Chopmarks? Does it have any significance or add any value to the coin. The front is weird too. IMG_2400.JPG IMG_2400.JPG IMG_2401.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That does not look like Chinese characters to me.
    Looks more like someone visited the Eiffel Tower on 11/9/62
    11-9-62.JPG

Attached Files:

4. DavidE2001

DavidE2001 Member

Very interesting! Also very weird. How is the Buffalo Nickel related to the Eiffel Tower. I visited the Eiffel Tower - but I didn't engrave a coin. I guess this may be a mystery. You had a fascinating take on it. Thank you very much!

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. 91stang2

91stang2 Pocket change junkie

??? Bufalo related to the eiffle tower? Sorry, it's not. Some one damaged it....but you know, cool pics!!!!

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hey you guys.. anything is possible! In 1936 an American visiting France met and fell in love with a French local. He had to leave so he left her this Nickel with an engraving ;) Use your imagination :wideyed:
    I found out recently that my grandmother from my fathers side was French. The rest of the family are Puerto Rican.. go figure that!

91stang2 likes this.
  7. littlehugger

littlehugger Active Member

Its an amateur Hobo nickel. Someone tried to make his own.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

And I thought that was the name of the Indian.

9. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

Indian (Native-American) Chief Eiffel was made Chief on 11/9/62, and he led the "Parisian Tribe" from 1962 to 1999, when he passed away from internal gas & bloating issues resulting from eating too much stinky Camembert, Brie and other related nose irritating cheeses, as well as an acute liver disease related to heavy drinking of Beaujolais wine.

Or, at least that's what I think...

ace71499, Kentucky and paddyman98 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted