Why does NYC not have any regular coin shows or coin clubs?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cplradar, Sep 18, 2021.

1. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

Coin shows in Bars?? Boy would I like to land the armed Security Contract for that one. I'd rake in more $$ than all the coins sold at the tables.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

It would be no harder to steel anything in these bars than anywhere else. You would get like the entire second floor of a building with a separate entrance. For a small coin club event it would work better than the Bingo Hall in Melville.

Most things of any import started in Bars in NYC, including the US Government.

https://www.frauncestavern.com/

4. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

You need to understand that different types of venue sites are charged at different rates for security. Bars more than hotel convention rooms, churches, universities, etc. Also the need to protect the vendors bringing in and removing their items after the shows.
    And as @ Burton Strauss lll said still means room rental are the largest cost

5. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

I thought they closed the Commodore for rebuilding again. The shops that are in the terminal and facing the streets are definitely closed, as are the Pennsylvania Hotel

6. ddddd

ddddd Member

It's a guide and it the job of listing shows. You click on each show, find the address, and then figure out if it works for you and how you could get there.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Besides Brigandi Coins in NYC I know a few other places to purchase coins.. My secret though ;)

8. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

expat and paddyman98 like this.
  9. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

I think it is on the corner of Found on Ground and Dig Here

JPD3 and paddyman98 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted