Why Do You Coin Roll Hunt?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by vtvick777, Jun 8, 2012.

?

Why do you coin roll hunt?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2012.
  1. Solely to profit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. To profit, the collectibles are an addition

14.3%
  3. To collect, the profits are an addition

60.7%
  4. Solely to collect

25.0%
  1. vtvick777

vtvick777 Member

I am interested in seeing what the percentages are on this forum of why you coin roll hunt. I started when silver first spiked a couple years ago and I found out I could make some money by searching halves. At first I was only doing halves, then I picked up pennies, and then nickels. I recently stopped halves because the silver yield was just too low and there aren't enough non-silver coins to look for in that denomination. I still search nickels because the wars you find are some profit, but there are more collector coins to look for.

So, why do you coin roll hunt :

Solely to make money

To make money, and the collectibles are a nice addition

To collect, and the money is a nice addition

To collect

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

I search pennies for errors. I do it because I have this treasure hunting itch that constantly needs to be scratched. Searching coin rolls is a nice treasure hunting hobby because at worst it is essentially free entertainment, and at best you can find something valuable.

4. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

treasure hunting itch about says it for me too.

5. MattMpls

MattMpls Member

I am always on the lookout for anything interesting or out of the ordinary. It doesn't need to be silver although in this economy a silver hoard is nice to have for the proverbial 'rainy day'.

6. roll searcher

roll searcher coin hunter

I search halves mainly for 40%ers which I plan on selling; however I plan on keeping all other silver halves for my collection.

7. Trp

Trp Junior Member

To collect - I usually use more cash exchanging machines than rolls, because the rolls cost money here if you want more than one per denomination. There are about 20 different eurozone countries so finds varies but I never expect to find real top coins. I fill my holes in type set so I'm happy with basic coins and circ commems.

8. Gavriil

Gavriil New Member

I like to think it is, but a lot of days i blowout $3 to$5 worth of gas just to go get $10 to $20 worth of rolls (nickels, pennies, occasionally dimes) to search.
    It's not only treasure hunting, it's an addiction, I busted the drinking and smoking habit, but there's no stopping a roll searching addict.[​IMG][​IMG]

I'll even fill up the pockets of my cut off jeans with nickels and pennies jump on my bicycle and pedal 3 miles to my bank (has a free coin sorter) to cash in and get
    more rolls to search. I got a Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones.

Oh P.S. Back in the middle/late sixtys when silver started was being pulled out of circulation I used to drive/walk around to all the stores/gas stations and ask the clerks for what they had, they were freindly back then and would
    give it to you without a hassle. I'd saved up about $80 in mercury dimes but through the years the disappeared whenI joined the army and left them with my family, oh well easy come easy go.

Draft saved Draft deleted