Why can't this ever happen to me

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rushmore, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Probably has something to do with not leaving your kitchen flooring alone for three centuries or so before pulling it up.

At least, that's what I'm going to tell my wife the next time she starts agitating about replacing our kitchen flooring.

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

One reason is that we don't live in England.... OR do we?? I've heard of coins in wall before, but I bet the couple was floored when they made the discovery!! :smuggrin:

-jeffB likes this.
  5. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Having just gone through a house remodeling, I don't want to even dream of tearing up the kitchen floor. Painting and new flooring everywhere else has been bad enough. Besides, if you dug under my kitchen floor, the most interesting thing you might find would be some old alligator teeth.

The most interesting find I have seen that came out of wall was Pan-Pac octagonal $50 gold piece. Unfortunately it was really beat up. It went into a PCGS details holder. The asking price was $20,000. It was available at the major shows for over a year before it disappeared.

serafino and -jeffB like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Probably because you don’t live in a 300 plus year old house.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Speaking of which, have you thought about doing any searching -- dare I suggest metal detecting -- between the demolition and rebuild of that spring house?

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I had a HS friend who's father was a carpenter. While working on an older home he was fixing a old stair case. Removing a board finding 9 Colt Revolves brand new...wrapped in a cloth and packing grease.

Google. The story and in fact a book written of some boys playing in a run down house in Baltimore.
    Kicking holes in the wall... they discovered like 30k in gold coins in 1930's money.
    Just like the California couple finding all those gold coins in tin cans walking the dog.

I'm guessing that one must be in the game to find such....posting from the Lazy boy isn't going to make you rich...LoL

serafino likes this.
  9. Sting 60

Sting 60 Well-Known Member

I don't think I would have reported this find if it was in the US. Big brother probably would have taken its share.

serafino likes this.
  10. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

If I ever dug up a pot, it would be a chamber pot.

Randy Abercrombie and Rushmore like this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Haven’t thought about and I’m going anywhere near that building. It’s leaning a little more today than just after the accident. As soon as the details are worked out a contractor will be in to reinforce the walls. If it fell today bricks would be out in the street.

12. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Every time I lift up my kitchen floor I fall into the basement.
    Some people will never learn.

hmm .. maybe I should check for coins again ?!?!

-jeffB and CoinCorgi like this.
  13. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

I had my bathroom remodeled a few years ago in a portion of my house built in the late 80’s. The contractor pulled out a tin from under the vanity with a wad of 12 Benjamins inside. Based on the series they were put there 30 it so years ago.

-jeffB likes this.
  14. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

15. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

How many coin hordes have been found that were never reported ;)

16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I would guess most are not reported.

Draft saved Draft deleted