Why can't I upload a file?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ffrickey, Nov 28, 2013.

1. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

Hello all, was trying to upload a picture of my newest foreign acquisition and get an error message
    The following error occurred
    There was a problem uploading your file

The picture in question was 195 KB, which as far as I know is within the allowable limits.
    I tried twice to upload. Anybody know what's wrong?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

Try resizing to under 100, this may help?? it shouldnt affect the clarity too much either.

4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I'm not sure the problem, but try making the image smaller using a jpeg optimizer. There are several free. I use http://jpeg-optimizer.com/. I try to keep all my images under 100 KB.

Also, are you using the "upload a File" button at the bottom of the thread?

5. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Try uploading your file to PhotoBucket, then copy and paste the URL into your post. There's no file size restriction. Here's an example:

[​IMG]

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Shoot, I load large files here all the time. Let me get my thumb drive. Be right back.......

7. green18

8. Bing

Vey nice image greeny. Very nice.

green18 likes this.
  9. green18

2.37 MB........

10. green18

Kind of you to say Bing. :)

11. Bing

I've been trying to improve my photo taking capabilities, but I'm just not a very good photographer. I think it might help if I had something other than a Kodak Instamatic (only kidding).

green18 likes this.
  12. green18

One of the secrets to taking good photos is to shoot lots and lots of shots. I typically will shoot anywhere from 20-30 shots on something that I really want to proudly display. Other times I just run and gun, and those photos look it too, but it's the price you pay when ya wanna get something up in the forums fast........:)

13. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Yep... and this is my camera (seriously):

[​IMG]

It still takes decent photos, but the problem arises with the availability of 3.5 inch floppies and the low resolution of the pictures (no longer accepted by eBay). Here's a photo I took using this "antique":

[​IMG]

green18 likes this.
  14. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

green18 likes this.
  15. green18

Thanks Yoc.......

16. green18

LOL! I hear ya Jim. The wife does a lot of machine embroidery and a lot of the software is on old 3.5 floppys. She needed some more so I said to her I'll pick some up at the office supply store. When I asked a store employee if they had any 3.5's he looked at me like I was from Mars.........:)

17. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Trying to use this, but can't seem to find the macro settings and figure out a way to mount on my camera stand.
    2013-11-28 15.00.52-crop.jpg

chrsmat71 likes this.
  18. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

you can only download JPG photos to this site

19. Jral1

Jral1 Member

make sure to close all programs or folders that maybe using the picture you want to upload

20. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

21. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

I just bought some film for my old Polaroid Model 220 (which I purchased new in 1967)... eBay is about the only place to buy the emulsion type 108 color film, which hasn't been manufactured in many years. I'm hoping it will work (expiration date was 1996).. sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. Picked up some clear M3 flash bulbs also, which work well with the blue flash cover. I sure do miss Polaroid technology, lol.

sonlarson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted