Who's waiting for a coin to arrive in the mail?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by JGGonzalez, Jan 24, 2017.

1. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

I never was able to retrieve any tracking information, although the package arrived OK.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    David Atherton likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nerva

Nerva Well-Known Member

I'm a Richard Stark fan, but didn't know this one. Now I find the cheapest for me (in the UK) are in the US! Ah, globalisation ... or should that be 'globalization'?

4. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Flawless portrait, and a double struck reverse featuring a temple. Can you feel the spirit, can you feel it? Halelujah brothers and sisters, the coin is on its way. Can I get an Amen?

Amen!

cLk8EA9bY5dXRS3qk2Yw8Ty46p3DwB (1).jpg Maxentius(A.D. 306-312),Follis,5.74g.,22mm,Rome mint,(autumnA.D.307-spring 308), uncertain officina,laureateheadofMaxentiusright,IMPCMAXENTIVSPFAVG,rev.,Romaseated facing,head leftinhexastyletemple, wreathinpediment,holdingglobeandsceptre, shieldatside, CONSERV VRB SVAE, RB[?] in exergue, (RCV 14986; RIC 202a), reverse double struck.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    chrsmat71, red_spork, Smojo and 9 others like this.
  5. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

God of Aries came in. 2017 Mexico 7 coin silver libertad set still waiting. 2014 Australian Lunar kilo horse stolen at the US Post Office. Scanned in and never left the building. The US Government will tell me what happened to my package, maybe in my lifetime. Stolen July 3rd 2017.

6. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I love the coin but I'm trying to figure out what the devil happened in the lower right reverse. What a strange error, like a bouncing double strike but only an edge of the die caught the coin a second time? Or maybe there was some damage to the die itself?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  7. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

Solid Example Sallent-Congrats!! 1.JPG 2.JPG , here are mine, similar to yours:

8. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Svarog likes this.
  9. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

with a she-wolf?

Draft saved Draft deleted