Who's going to the Long Beach Expo???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ocjoe949, May 21, 2015.

1. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

Why is it I get the fever when the date approaches. I've got a couple bucks set aside and I want it to be June 4th already!

Got some stuff to send to PCGS. The dealer I buy from already told me what he's bringing so Im pumped and ready to go!!

Amanda Varner and illini420 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm going. I get anxious as well. I seem to have less and less money that I bring each time, so that kind of eases my urge. But I do tend to bring quite a bit of stuff to sell, stuff that accumulates nicely by the time each of these shows comes around.

Amanda Varner likes this.
  4. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

I'm on the other side... won't be goin'.

5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You guys can go to the expo. Aidan and I will be going to the beach. :)

6. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

It's either an 8 hour drive plus a motel room for a night or $200 airline ticket plus a motel room plus a car for me.

If I lived in the area, I'd go for sure.

7. re-collect

re-collect Active Member

I'm undecided, but leaning towards go.

8. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I've never been to a west coast show . . . just not enough hours in a week.

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

2-3 hour drive for me, I'm tempted

10. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I live 40 minutes away and love going to the Vegas ones as well. Vegas is about 3.5 hours in no traffic situations.

11. Kentucky

That occurs every how many years? : - )

12. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

It is rare. I travel in the non peak hours. You can make up time going home between Barstow and San Berdoo where the speed limit for lane 1 is 90 mph. Same speed as coming south off the grapevine. You can get run over going slower in the #1.

Kentucky likes this.
  13. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Barstow: It's somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert that the drugs might begin to take hold...

Kentucky likes this.
  14. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I always try to travel to Vegas in the middle of the night, in the middle of the week. In a pinch I leave home about 10 am, get there at about 1:30 and get an early check in. 9/10 times they'll give you the early check in if sun-thurs. On occasion I've had to tip the registration desk person a 10 spot to recheck the computer and see that in fact a room JUST became available. I love that friggen town man!

15. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Will certainly be at Long Beach and will be at my usual table, Table #448. Always great to have forum members stop by and say hello. And of course it's always fun to buy/sell coins at the show!

Also, if you go to the Long Beach Expo website and register in advance you can get a free pass to the show and save yourself $8... more money to buy coins! The website is www.longbeachexpo.com and use the Promo Code "NEW" to sign up if you need a code.

See you at the show!

Mike

16. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Only a couple of days to go until the show... anyone else going???

17. Kentucky

Yeah, I found a friend to go with on Thursday. I still have a handicapped placard from my surgery, any idea where would be a good place to use it?

18. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

I'll be there on Friday

19. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I'll be there at opening thursday. I try to arrive at about 9 or earlier, otherwise the structure gets full and you have to walk to another structure a few blocks down. Frankly I don't want to be carrying my stuff a few blocks down. The Expo is in a gorgeous area of long beach but the surrounding neighborhoods are pretty bad. JMHO

20. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

I don't really care for Long Beach. You got a lot of nice looking areas right next to slums and beggars. The OC has a mix but it doesn't seem as extreme or apparent. One time I was leaving the show and missed 7th street and started going down a really shady area

21. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

so many thoughts, so little time before Doug sees this, so I'll pass on my posting them (my thoughts).

[Hi, Doug.]

Draft saved Draft deleted