Whoaaa someone got one hell of a deal!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mullah, Sep 22, 2019.

1. mullah

mullah Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Yorkshire

Yorkshire Well-Known Member

the seller has 0 feedback so It probably wont get posted lol

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Of the "gold well below spot" deals I've "bought" on eBay, maybe 5-10% actually came through and were legitimate items. It was enough to keep me perching like a vulture over the new BIN listings for a number of years, but I eventually just didn't feel like spending the time any more.

So, yeah, I give it a 5-10% chance the buyer will get what was advertised. Probably lower than that at this point, as more scammers have somehow gotten the idea that eBay and PayPal will let them get away with it.

5. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Yeah, those are what I call undeliverable items.

Peter T Davis likes this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Too good to be true? Most times it is.......

7. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

I agree. The adage "free cheese is only in a mousetrap" would best apply here.
    There is an incredibly small chance that someone wouldn't know the coins melt value-which exceeds $700.
    And a member with 0 feedback only corroborates the theory that this could be a scam.

8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Yeah, sure. Somebody’s out $380.

Jaelus likes this.
  9. -jeffB

Not the buyer, given eBay's policies. And given PayPal's policies, I'm at a loss to understand how the "seller" expects to get away with anything. Then again, there's no aptitude test required to try your hand at fraud...

GoldFinger1969 and Santinidollar like this.
  10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

It’s like a deputy sheriff friend of mine says: If crooks weren’t stupid, he’d have to find a new profession.

mullah likes this.
  11. Yorkshire

Yorkshire Well-Known Member

Some scammers on ebay arent even trying to get away with ripping you off they are after a quick loan, I once paid for an item and a week later he messaged me with a refund saying sorry. Literally wanted a loan before payday

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  12. mullah

mullah Member

This brought a good laugh and much joy to my heart

13. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Modern problems require modern solutions

14. -jeffB

Hmm, almost two weeks and still no feedback on either of his gold auctions...

15. mullah

mullah Member

Hah! that's an innovative way for an interest free loan at the cost of your reputation and possibly freedom!

Prez2 likes this.
  16. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

Yup. Until Paypal deducts the amount back from you. Don't get me started on those guys. Great buy. Maybe it's one of those faked slabs folks try to warn others about?

Draft saved Draft deleted