Who is still waiting on HOF Coins?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bkozak33, Jun 1, 2014.

1. jack92029

jack92029 Member

My Gold Proof shipped today due on Monday 6/16/14

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

What kind of slouches are these people? Sitting around on their butts 4 hours a day? You've got to be kidding me....

rickmp and TopcatCoin like this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What about coffee breaks, lunch breaks and family time? 20 hours a day don't leave much time for all dem things. We'll always ding the mint for what it doesn't do but let's give 'em a break on this one. At least they're trying and they probably never anticipated the crazy demand on this issue..........

Heater likes this.
  5. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

Do you mind me asking your order number, or at least the first 5 digits? I have quite a few due in on 6/30 supposedly .

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I finally have a pending charge on my credit card.

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Santa will but this under tree its been ordered

8. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Status changed today. Charged my credit card, and says in stock for the proof. the uncirculated is still backordered, and I have had the airline sickness bag for months. :)

2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 1$51.95 $51.95 In stock and reserved
    2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 1$47.95 $47.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 06/19/2014.
    UNITED STATES MINT REUSABLE BAG 1$0.00 $0.00 1 unit shipped on 04/02/2014

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

mint stage set is what Santa should bring.
    Proof set are harder but mint stage always have low mint numbers .

10. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

I ordered on 3/30...
    HOF Silver Pr $1 two weeks ago went from 4/15 to 6 30, 1 day ago went to 6/18, today went to 6/6..what the heck..:confused:
    HOF Silver UNC $1 two weeks ago went 4/15 to 6/30, 2 days ago went 7/03, today went to in stock.
    HOF Gold UNC went from 7/18 to 6/19 and now went to 6/30, this was ordered 3days after sell out, still not sure if i'll get this one...:oops:

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

that would produce between 72,000 and 108,000 coins a day. That assumes between 20 to 30 coins per minute per press. (The older business strike presses did 60 coins per minute, the current one do 750 coins per minute.)

At the lower rate figure they should be able to produce the entire authorized mintage of 750,000 halves, 400,000 silver dollars and 50,000 half eagles in 17 to 18 days or assuming a five day work week about 4 weeks.

When did these go on sale? End of April? If so they should be about finished with all of the striking about now. Time to move on to the special Kennedy''s.

OK, end of March. Should definitely be done by now. (I have heard though that they have had problems stiking these things and they have had a high reject rate for them which would extend the time required, and I have also not allowed for down time to change dies etc. Changing dies would occur every other day. (Assuming an average of 4,000 coins per die pair.)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  12. Rassi

My 2 outstanding orders for Silver Proofs moved today from early August to 7/24...

These orders were placed 4/7 and 4/9.

13. Given the delays and problems striking these, I wonder if there might be some errors/varieties especially on the later production runs.

14. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

That was "my bad", I had the 26 wrong, it's reversed. I still ordered first day and still showing as back ordered.

15. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I called them. My credit card is OK. They have issues. I should know better. Please wait. I'm paraphrasing.

Rassi likes this.
  16. Mint website under maintenance until 6pm ET. Be sure to check your order status later tonight. TC

17. Rassi

Now showing maintenance extends to midnight tonight.

18. MoneyHungry

MoneyHungry angel in a earth suit

I'am still waiting for my order as well. Funny how HSN had all of them and are now sold out.

19. onecenter

onecenter Member

It looks like my uncirculated and proof silver dollars are now in transit. Something to look forward to seeing when I come back from my business trip.

20. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

Now it's saying 2am est. I guess their maintenance is like their HOF program.

21. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Recalling 2008-W Satin Finish deal.u or U

Draft saved Draft deleted