Who is still waiting on HOF Coins?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bkozak33, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

I was not aware of their existence until after the Silver and Gold were sold out at the mint. I only really started collecting in June!

However, yesterday I received a pair (one proof, one uncirc) of the clad half dollars that I got on eBay at well UNDER the Mint price! Snagged the pair for $36.54 delivered!

I also bought a Silver Uncirculated on eBay at $60, but have not yet received it.

Now if I can find a gold one for close to issue...

I had planned to buy just the Uncirculated since there are actually fewer of them, but will probably keep the proof clad, too.

Rob

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Just got an update from the mint. My last remaining HOF order (for a Gold UNC) has been delayed again from 8/31 to 9/16....

4. Rassi

I think I might be the only one here still waiting for an HOF coin. I have one open order for an UNC Gold. Ordered at noon the 2nd day, I think I was one of the last people to get an order in before they cancelled everyone elses gold orders. Just got an update that it's backed up again, this time to 10/3... Only been since 3/28 when I ordered it! LOL! Glad I'm not in a hurry....

5. Rassi

Well, finally made it to the end of this journey. This morning a "Sold Out" email was in my inbox. No UNC Gold HOF for me.... Took 'em long enough....

6. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

That's a bummer. Must have had you on a waiting list or something and kept waiting for sellable returns or left-overs, then finally had to scratch you. Not very nice to wait so long to tell you there was no coin for you.

Rob

7. Rassi

It's ok. I placed my order right at the cusp of when people found out they were cut off. I got the proof version (ordered at the same time) about 6 weeks ago - thought that meant I'd get the UNC too. Kinda odd that they could fill one order and not the other when they were minted "to demand"...

Draft saved Draft deleted