Who is still waiting on HOF Coins?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bkozak33, Jun 1, 2014.

1. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I have received 4 mint bags, and no coins. I ordered two of every coin, but not a single one delivered. This was my first time ordering from the mint. I will never do it again.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

I ordered in April but still haven't received mine. Give the Mint a break; they received thousands of orders, and it will take them a while to get them all out. Be thankful that you're getting any at all; the gold sold out fast, silver not too long after that, and even the clad half has thousands of orders they have to fill. You have to be patient when ordering high-selling coins. I've never had significant delays ordering just about anything else from the mint (rolls, proof sets, slower selling commems, etc.). This coin series is just a "big deal" like a few others have been (like the Franklin commems and the Marine Corps dollar; they took a while to ship out too).

4. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I have an order that will ship this week.

CC hit last Wed. and rep said shipping first week of June.

5. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

the shipping status on these coins was to be expected, its not the same for standard orders from the mint, i ordered mine late and shipping dates are june an july and i expected that with coins that sold out within a week, the mints only fault was putting such a high purchase limit on the coins and blame all the people who ordered the max just to resell them, which left a lot of people getting none or having to pay a ridiculous premium...

6. onecenter

onecenter Member

The only coin received was the uncirculated half dollar. I have order one of each coin in both uncirculated and proof finish.
    I did receive my two Mint bags and they are being used. Lightweight and convenient.

7. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I ordered one of each early, and got all 6 in the first wave of shipping. Then put in a late order on one each silver, then a hail mary order on one each gold. Gold shows 6-30, and silver shows later. Not sure if I will get the gold or not since it was such a late order.

8. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for mine. The Mint needs to fire some people and get better workers or something. This whole operation they have over there has been a fiasco.

9. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Yep 1 Gold Unc and some half dollars which I think I'll cancel

10. Pcunix

Pcunix Active Member

Still waiting for three gold ordered first day, but they have charged my card a few days ago.

11. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

My Silver proof and Silver UNC and Half Dollar Circ coins are still on back order. This is the longest I've ever had coins on back order.

Ordered on 3/27

12. thejaxcollector

thejaxcollector Active Member

Still waiting for first day $5 and second day $1. My grandmother always said patience was a virtue. She lived to be 102, so I'm trying hard to be virtuous!

13. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I have a couple gold and several of the proof silver still in process. Dates range from late June to August.

I have already received all the clads that I ordered and several examples of the silver.

14. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Still waiting and what a waste of time.

15. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

16. Rassi

17. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

guess you did not read this part? "In regards to the “computer glitch”, we are experiencing technical difficulties with the part of our system that displays the expected ship date for your order, causing the dates to move incorrectly."

18. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I think he is saying he hopes the article is correct, that it is just a glitch, and they will ship sooner

19. onecenter

onecenter Member

Two-to-three months delay was commonplace back in the 1970s and 1980s when I made my first US Mint purchases beginning in 1976. If I remember correctly, the standard delivery terms in those days was five months. Everything was paid by check or money order and orders taken solely by mail which had to include a magnetic strip indicating the number of sets or coins to be purchased. All deliveries were by registered mail.

With the Baseball Hall of Fame coins, it appears the US Mint was caught flat-footed with minimal inventory for the most immediate online and mail sales. Just a portion of this inventory was reserved for display and sale at the Baltimore coin show sales booth.

Given that baseball is an extremely popular sport in the USA and has been for over 150 years, the US Mint's marketing folks missed the boat. I realize that coin collectors can be a fickle group of folks when it comes to purchases, nonetheless, with all indications of the past purchasing trends aside, this particular series of coins had every indication that the merchandise was going to move quickly. Sixty days delivery time is really too long in this day and age.

20. Rassi

Yes, exactly.

21. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Order # 42926xxx shipped this morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted