Who is Rick Snow?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by buddy16cat, Nov 24, 2015.

1. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

I just got an email from Eagle Eye Rare Coins about Rick Snow's birthday. I bought a couple of capped bust dimes from them. I read on one of Penny Lady's post about how he got an expensive coin stolen from him. Is Rick Snow someone significant in the coin collecting world?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

Endeavor, tommyc03 and Amos 811 like this.
  4. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

I have heard that too, the "snow" varieties but they aren't as readily used as the Sheldon varieties of early large cents and Newcomb varieties of middle to later date large cents so it seems. I didn't realize he owned Eagle Eye. They have lower cost coins on Ebay and more expensive coins on their web site. I was looking at a Isabella quarter on their listing. I think that will be on my holiday wish list.

5. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

He's about as famous as Green18..........OK, more famous. devil.gif

RaceBannon, tommyc03 and jester3681 like this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

More famous than Chris or Frank? Is that possible??:woot::woot::woot:

8. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

"Not as readily used" isn't applicable here, really. There is a very finite quantity of early Copper by comparison to IHC's; all are worthy of attribution. Indian Heads are common as dirt, composed of bazillions of die pairs, most of which are represented by countless examples and possessed of no interesting features. There are many single IHC issues of mintages exceeding that of all Cents prior to 1830 combined.

The varieties of interest carry Snow variety numbers, and a new IHC variety exists only when he says it does, so to speak.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

¿Quien es mas macho?

10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Sheldon book a really expensive one to acquire? I think I saw one at a coin dealers place about 3 years ago and he was asking $300.00 for it.

11. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Snow is recognized as one of the, if not "The" leading expert on Indian Head cents.

12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Not really, I found Penny Whimsy for about forty bucks on eBay a few months ago.

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I could be thinking about a different book. The one I saw was very large, hardcover, and loaded with photo's of large cents. It also looked quite old.

14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Rick's books are great. Well worth the cost if you plan to collect Flying Eagles or IHCs. Fun guy to chat with and he loves to share his knowledge.

15. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

ken454 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted