Who has used heritage live before¿

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dimefreak, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

anybody willing to help me with some questions I have on heritage live?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I have used it, but I don't think I have ever bid on an auction actually going on. (I bid before the lot is called. That way, I don't panic and bid the wrong thing.) Anyway, you have got to ask the question before I can answer.

4. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

I've used it a few times. What are your questions?

5. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

can I actually bid during the live auction? Or should I put my highest proxy in? reason I ask is because every time I jump in the lead I wake up and im outbid. Who ever is bidding with me must like it as much as me lol

6. oval_man

Certainly you can bid during the live auction. Have you checked out the format yet? There's a big BID button. I just tried to link you to it but HA won't let me.

You can also put in a proxy bid up to the moment your lot comes up.

Other threads here have cautioned that sometimes bid increments escalate while you're bidding which can cause you to bid more than you want, but that hasn't happened to me and I don't think it's that common (because in my experience coins tend to approach their selling price before the auction begins).

7. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Thanks! I find it hard to believe this coin could go up much more.....its approaching double what it sold for about a year ago. I really appreciate that info

8. oval_man

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I would STRONGLY recommend that you not use the "BID" button. I have heard stories of using it to bid such as $220 and instead wind up bidding $2,200 (because of an intervening live bid you do not see due to the computer lag). Using the proxy bid is easy and much safer.

10. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

it is easy,,, and fun too. make sure you "disable live bidding" (just click the text on the page). I found myself a bidder on a 4 figure coin before on accident while watching the auction, sipping a beer, and multi-tasking through other sites.... one accidental click while the cursor is over the bid button and there I was..... fortunately I was outbid, by 1 bid !!

I figure hc owes me $50 for the help there ; )

11. oval_man

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. I keep reading about "stories" where someone accidently bids 10x want they wanted but I've never seen anything remotely close to that happen. What coin worth $220 right before the auction opens is going to sell for $2,200?

12. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Alrighty well I dont really wanna give away too much info but basically I put all of my eggs in one basket......translation I must win this coin!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate all of the help folks!

13. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

+1 I've never had a problem with it either..... I generally just wait until the bidding (if any) has slowed and then lob in my bid or cut bid near at what I preceive is the end.

Those are a couple nice MS68's dimefreak,,, maybe I'll bid them up for you ; )

14. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

LOL, how do you know what I am looking at???? So If I am reading correct ill be able to see the auction room live right?

15. prolawn_care

prolawn_care New Member

Which one is it?:devil:

16. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

:foot-mouth:

17. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

Your avatar gave it away ; ) I was just rolling through and looking,, saw a couple that made me think of you instantly... then saw this post and just knew what you were after..... I'm tracking them too, but not on my priority list... good luck !

18. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

you mean my old avatar?
    that was the first coin entered in the FUN show auction I think it has been in there since late october BTW are you surprised by the price?

19. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Shoot!! have used it several times! :)

20. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

21. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

First time I have watched this - man they go quick. I put in a couple of poxy bids - first time for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted