Whized

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by usmc60, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Beginner.:yuck::blackalien: wiz-1.jpg wiz-2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Good lord, what did they use, a steel brush?

Steve

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

"Whizzed"? No...

Insider likes this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Looks like it spent a spell in the parking lot under a bunch of car/truck tires.......

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Not whizzed just messed with

Insider likes this.
  7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Someone did a number on that one.

8. Ericred

Ericred Active Member

A shame

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Exactly what I thought.:blackalien:

10. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Another wood shop prank - someone left it in the planer for the next unsuspecting victim...

Stevearino likes this.
  11. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Worst whizz job ever

12. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

There's only two types of whizzing that I hate the most..... One is for coins, the other one is getting woken up in the middle of the night :)

13. BooksB4Coins

14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

0P here. I think everyone is aware this coin has not been whizzed. This is an old Marines attempt at humor. Lighten up and enjoyed life.:blackalien: image4.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

usmc60 likes this.
  16. BooksB4Coins

I fear you give too much credit. If you go back and read what was said, you'll see the post wasn't for those presently involved, even if whizzing seems to be little understood by many on this board.

17. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

books You have a right to be concerned about members that do not understand what whizzing is and for the nonmembers who may read this thread, this thread was meant to have a little conversation and humor about whizzing nothing more. And I'm sure for the members and nonmembers who want more information you have given them appropriate links to investigate this matter further. And feel free to show whizzed coins on this thread, if you feel that they may be taken this thread in the wrong way.:joyful::blackalien:

18. BooksB4Coins

"Humor about whizzing" all while showing a damaged coin that is about as far "whizzed" as is possible? Whizzing is a form of doctoring done for the sole purpose of deceiving potential buyers; it is done in an attempt to mask flaws and simulate "luster", and as so often happens here, is a label that should not be attached to any and every other harshly cleaned and/or damaged coin.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not going to sit here and argue nonsense with you. Regardless of if it was really some joke, or this is an after the fact face-saving move, it doesn't matter. I don't care what your point of motivations were in starting this thread; again, it doesn't matter. Do have any any concept of how many threads here are filled with incredibly poor inforation and chest-thumping nonsense? You, ahem, "may" be kidding and the others "may" be kidding as well, but someone down the road who has no understanding of different personalities here isn't necessarily going to know this. Therefore, making sure the correct, proper, and neutral information is posted, just in case, is both prudent and proper. You claim and argue in other threads that you're really just trying to help the "hobby collector" (as opposed to what you label the "monetary collector"), so this shouldn't be too hard to understand. Buying a whizzed or otherwise doctored coin can be a devastating experience, particularly for new collectors, and is one of the far too many ways otherwise budding collectors end up leaving this hobby. It may not so easily fool the more experienced collector, but it both does and has the newer, and such people shouldn't have to wade through nonsense, or have to interpret the meaning of certain posts, when/if attempting to educate themselves.

Beyond the posted links, @Lehigh96 iirc, once posted a fine thread thread explaining and showing examples of true whizzing, and I'm sure there are other equally fine threads as well if you'd like to learn more. I am unable to locate the link at the moment, but here's another thread in which the coin was posted...

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/bad-1917-quarter-bouncing-around.40256/#post-411853

BadThad and micbraun like this.
  19. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Get up on the wrong side of the bed.:blackalien:

20. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

21. BooksB4Coins

Unbelievable.... simply unbelievable! Did you even bother to read (hint, hint) when swiping the photo? Now please... it's really starting to look as if you're shooting from the hip here. If you don't quite understand the difference between whizzing and the shown polishing, just say so; there's no shame in not knowing.

That's two strikes now, each a complete whiff and no foul balls... shall we go for three or can this nonsense mercifully end here?

Insider likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.