Which do you like?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bruthajoe, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Do you like shiney new coins?

1. Only if they are new

16.7%
  2. Only if they are well preserved

16.7%
  3. Who cares I llike my coins shiney

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want petina only

50.0%
  5. Whatever pcgs says.

16.7%
  1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The collector community. At one time it was OK to do such.....It's not proper anymore.

bruthajoe likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

I'm using old tech here. It's an asus TF700T that asus single handedly destroyes with a single update. I'm determined and make it work. It's my shop computer. I will be more careful with my grammar. Jeez. I don't know what I even did wrong. I do appreciate the looking out though. I don't want to come off as a boob. Ihave valid points and have a strange way of making them. Thanks.

4. green18

And acetone is an accepted way of cleaning a coin, as the effects resulting, do nothing to harm the coin.

5. bruthajoe

That's contradictory to what I've learned from the moderators. Every post is valid whether or not is has been discussed. Refer to " threads go dead " in support forum.

6. bruthajoe

You said "clean". Whats accepted? By whom? Why?

7. bruthajoe

OMG

8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Sure, every post that doesn't violate the rules is valid. And you're free to post anything, even if it's been discussed a thousand times before.

That doesn't mean I need to rehash or re-explain it again. That's what the search feature is for.

9. bruthajoe

I'm not arguing it is. I'm completley unbias. Make your point valid.

10. bruthajoe

You did not read the thread.

11. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I knew that would get a response or two. :)
    Anyway, with proof coins, the hazy, cloudy look could be lightly "CLEANED" to improve the look of the coin. Heavier toning would not (most likely) be helped with a cleaning, "arguably". :bag:

12. physics-fan3.14

You are getting tiring....

I've been posting in this thread since the beginning.

Honestly, if you keep this behavior up, you are well on you're way to "troll" status, which earns you an "ignore" from many people...

13. physics-fan3.14

John, cleaning may sometimes be appropriate. I'll admit that.

The coin in this thread is not one of those cases.

And honestly, any subtlety is lost on this poster.

bruthajoe likes this.
  14. bruthajoe

I believe my topic is different, since this has become a topic. My topic is not about what is correct or frowned upon by the community. This is about what do you think, personally, which is more appealing. Shiney coins or patina coins. It is not about whats right or wrong. Just simply which do you prefer .

15. green18

Quite agree....

16. bruthajoe

I don't think this is unruley behavior, and if I get penalized than so be it. You don't have to be here "from the beginning" if you don't like it. Who said you did?

17. physics-fan3.14

That's not really how this thread was presented.

However, in the spirit of the question... overwhelmingly, I prefer original, patina'd, toned coins.

And you'll find most collectors agree with me. "Shiny" coins attract uneducated people, articles about making your old coins "shiny" attract people who don't know anything and are trying to increase the value of the hoard they collected.

True collectors prefer coins with original patina. If it is naturally attractive, that's better - but I'd rather have a moderately attractive original coin than a blast white dipped coin.

18. bruthajoe

Thanks JD, I think. so kill it or merge it, whatever. What's tireing??? It's just conversation. Would everyone rather hear... " what's this POS coin worth"?

19. bruthajoe

UM, the thread title is " Do you like shiney new coins" ????

20. physics-fan3.14

I'm not saying you are violating any rules. You are free to be unruly and tiresome.

I'm just saying that people who are unruly and tiresome tend to get ignored.

If your purpose is to continue on these forums, and continue to get responses to your questions, you might want to consider your approach. If you get "ignored" then people won't see your posts and won't respond to them.

bruthajoe likes this.
  21. bruthajoe

Your calling me unruley and tiresome, which is excactly what you have become to me. Talk about patina, Talk about old shiney coins, talk about something other than me! Or be a TROLL!

Draft saved Draft deleted