Which Do You Like Better?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

So now I have two of the same coins and need to sell one. I want to get some opinions on which you like best. I can't choose. Hopefully this will help me decide. Your choice?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I like the ogh. the top one has a little nick on the reverse

4. Agilmore01

The top one is the OGH though. Still your pick?

5. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

no, the non ogh is my pick

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  6. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

The reverse for the one in the OGH has a nick that I just can't take my eye off of so I would pick the bottom coin. I also like that slightly tarnished look to it, but ultimately your decision. Let us know which one you end up choosing and good luck!

7. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I'm a weirdo and don't like Rattler holders so I would sell that one.

8. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Without seeing in hand and with those pictures I would go with the OGH. I personally do not like the black on silver coins.

9. Savy

Savy Well-Known Member

I would keep the non-OGH. Plus you will probably get more for the OGH and it might sell faster.

10. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Go with the non-ogh.

11. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Neither of these coins is in an OGH. One is in a new transition blue label holder (with pronged coin holder) and the other is in an old rattler. In my experiences, OGH (old green holder) refers to a different generation of PCGS holders than the rattlers.

That being said, I would opt for the 3rd coin. I don't like either coin pictured to pay much over melt for them. If I were forced to choose, I'd probably pick the rattler coin to keep (at least from your pictures, I don't find the toning on the newer holder coin to be attractive at all). Could just be the pictures though...

12. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

The naturally toned one.

13. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

I would keep the one in the newer holder with the toning. The one in the older rattler holder having the nick on the fasces in my opinion should not have been graded MS-66 the nick is too noticeable for that grade in my opinion.

14. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

The newer graded one has a nick on the neck on the obverse that is just as noticeable as the one on the fasces on the older holder dime. A single nick (in photos this big of a dime) does not preclude a grade of MS66 IMO.

All of that being said, my opinions of these 2 coins may be wildly different if I were to see photos that were in focus and properly lit. But, going on what I can see -- I'm not wild about either.

15. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

I like the rattler coin. nice toning is OK but the newer holder coin with the black specs turns me off.

16. thomas austin

thomas austin Beauty is in the eye of me

Don't care for the blotchy toning. Rattler wins.

17. definer

definer definitely....! LOL

I like the rattler as well. I would like to think the The blotchy one toned AFTER it was slabbed...:)

18. Agilmore01

See If these pics help show the color[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

geekpryde, Travlntiques and brg5658 like this.
  19. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

The adobe pictures are much better!! Also i would go with the non OGH, it is just an overall better looking coin and OGH don't do anything for me !!

20. Agilmore01

Didn't use adobe. Used same camera, same location, but different angles.

21. Pokeplayer101

Pokeplayer101 Member

I would go with the newer slab holder. I think it has my eye appeal.

Draft saved Draft deleted