Where's Wally , I mean stevex6

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ancient Aussie, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

It's been pretty quiet on CT the last week or two, does anyone know where he is? hope all is well and no health problems.

Curtisimo, gregarious and spirityoda like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Wally is in a CoinTalk time out. He and another member received the time out due to too many language violations. The temporary ban ends in a couple of weeks.

4. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Thanks, that put's my mind at ease, it's just not the same without him.

5. gregarious

gregarious E Pluribus Unum

yup stevex6 is the life o de party...i look for him everytime i come on:)

6. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

I'm missing Steve too! Oh well, rules are rules, i guess...

7. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

I was wondering why I saw him on Forvm!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  8. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

He's on FORVM?? God help Joe, lol.

9. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

LOL. Yeah, I think we all miss his antics (and his coins).

10. 4to2centBC

4to2centBC Well-Known Member

If Joe kicks him off, I am afraid we may next find him, on a street corner panhandling modern coins and muttering jokes to himself under his breathe "have you heard the joke about the Canadian who got banned from a website for being impolite.........eh?? Neither have I, I've been banned from the website....eh??

11. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I think Nick was kidding.

Right? :confused::eek:

12. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I know many of us like Stevex6's coin purchases and his jokes, but he has a dark side. It goes beyond language, he also has a bit of a temper which has resulted in bullying and personal attacks against other people in Cointalk. Moderators have been more than lenient on the past giving him opportunities, and many here who are aware of that behavior have chosen to excuse it and look the other way.

Well, no more. I'm sure next violation will be a permanent ban, so sadly I predict he'll be permanently gone before 2017 is out.

Orfew likes this.
  13. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

14. Nicholas Molinari

No, no joke. I knew something was up.

15. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Well, Sallent, I hope when Steve returns you both behave and that your prediction doesn't come true.

Stevearino likes this.
  16. Nicholas Molinari

I never noticed anything controversial about his post.

17. Sallent

What proclamations? 99% or more of my posts are coin related, and I tend to avoid any personal confrontations here. But I understand, Stevex6 is very popular here, so my words in this thread are going to be highly unpopular.

But at least 3 times this year I've witnessed moderators having to delete some of his posts. Most recently, prior to this incident, was a series of cringy posts full of personal attacks against a modern collector. That was back on April 9. Mods had to delete at least 4 of his posts. When I asked Stevex6 if something was wrong, he proceeded to also launch a bunch of personal attacks against me, which mods had to delete too. I remember that date because I got a PM later that day from a mod regarding personal attacks against me by Stevex6. So he only managed to stay out of trouble from April 9 till mid-June this time.

I personally don't dislike Stevex6, and I think he is a great ancients collector. However, I'm not a moderator. I'm only relaying what I've seen going in between the mods and him. Don't shoot the messenger.

And to keep this mildly coin related, I bought this coin because of Stevex6's sample. There is no denying he has had a positive influence on what we collect. I have 4 or 5 coins in my collection that I've bought because I saw a Stevex6 sample I liked.

4tqYmS5Px2dGcX6nA8zy79wDTi37cM.jpg

18. Sallent

That's because the mods delete or edit posts that violate the forum rules.

19. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Peace, Sallent. I think everyone can reach their own conclusions about people on this board. We don't need to bias people one way or another.

Coin on, everyone.

Ancient Aussie likes this.
  20. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Jeez, you'd kick a guy when he's literally down and out? Not classy at all, dude.

21. Sallent

Very well, I've said my peace. I agree it's best to carry on coining. After all, we come here for the coins and not for drama.

Ancient Aussie and Orfew like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted