Where's Wald...... uh, that is

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by David Eugene Swiger, Apr 7, 2019.

1. David Eugene Swiger

David Eugene Swiger Active Member

So there is an apparent die error on the 2017 P Nickel. From what I have seen, it is unclear as to just what and where the error is. Any thoughts...... IMG_20190407_151407009.jpg IMG_20190407_151419042.jpg IMG_20190407_151407009.jpg IMG_20190407_151419042.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

I don't see what you mean- looks like an ordinary coin.

David Eugene Swiger likes this.
  4. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Die break between the C and the A on the reverse side?
    8B70F8D4-1C26-48F7-90C7-EE10F63CFAF1.jpeg

Reed.

5. David Eugene Swiger

Got it. I have a full roll. Maybe I can find some...any.... maybe one??? Thanks.

6. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Who says there is an error? Where are you getting your info from?

For someone to say “there’s an error but no one knows what it is” makes zero sense.

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You have it in hand. I can't see it from the images. I see something there but also see that same look all over the coin.

8. David Eugene Swiger

I presumed others here would already know of this since they (CoinTalk), have far more knowledge and experience than I. On the WEB (Google, YouTube, ebay, etc., etc., etc.), there are referrals to an error on the "rare" & "hard to find" 2017 P Jefferson nickel. Now obviously that rare & hard to find thing is either wrong or I am extremely blessed with a roll. BUT, I cannot find any exact references to the so called error. Hence my post. So, how many cents do I make now? (a pun, sorry)

9. David Eugene Swiger

Yes, something. Somehow, the same pictures were duplicated, but I believe what you see is some sort of a stain and/or a discoloration of sorts. I can't imagine were that came from, since it is only on the one coin out of the roll at this point. Thanks for your interest & reply.

10. David Eugene Swiger

Thanks to 352sdeer, I was able to look through this roll with the understanding of where to look for this elusive error. Unfortunately 2017P Die Chip.jpg , with a quick look over, I found no die breaks between the C & A (in AMERICA). HOWEVER, with a closer look so far, I did find a die chip. And so far this is the only find. Thanks again 352sdeer for your help.

11. David Eugene Swiger

Right, small misunderstanding. These are pics of the coins from a coin roll of nothing but 2017P nickels. I have heard they have an error and needed help. Please the following post for clarification.

12. Badger Mint

Badger Mint Active Member

If someone on the internet says there is a rare and elusive error, maybe you should contact that person as they seem to be the only one who knows about it.

13. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

If you can find an original 'floor nickel' novelty gag coin, THAT would be rare and definitely elusive once hammered into the floor :joyful:

1940s-VINTAGE-NICKEL-COIN-NOVELTY-THE-FLOOR-NICKEL.jpg

frankjg, FooFighter, 352sdeer and 2 others like this.
  14. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

I can't believe no one has seen this yet!!! In 2017, the design called for block lettering on the word "Liberty", but as you can obviously see, the word is in script writing. The entire run in 2017 was an error!!! Sheesh!! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::rolleyes:

15. David Eugene Swiger

Possibly, but it usually that sight with 100k + subs who hardly explain they actual error and never (if ever), respond to anyone except those whom send them money. FORTUNATELY, I have somewhere like CoinTalk** and people like 352sdeer** that knows these things and is gracious enough to come to the aid of a beginner such as me.
    NOTE: ** If I am wrong, please someone let me know that I am bothering people and/or asking "stupid" questions, and I will be gone in a click.

16. David Eugene Swiger

Got dupped by an epoxied quarter once, but I have yet to see this. I do like it, even though I'm not much into pranks. Someone is selling this on ebay for $10 though.

17. David Eugene Swiger

WOW, so you're telling me, this coin could be worth a fortune......:woot: IMG_20190407_151407009.jpg

18. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the way it's supposed to look!!!! :p:p:joyful::joyful::D Good one!

19. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

If that were a real nickel you’d have something
    Reed

Draft saved Draft deleted