Where to post your collection online?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Evan Saltis, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Hi again!

I might seem a bit annoying to you guys by now, (my apologies) but I'd also like to begin to use a different website to showcase my collection rather than uCoin.net which I have used since 2013 or so. The selection of countries isn't an issue, however, the dates sometimes do not reach far back enough to encompass every coin I have.

From what I can see, Numista has a much wider array of years and also includes ancient coins.

What do you guys use? I enjoyed using the "swap" function on uCoin, I know Numista has a swap section too, but is it easy to use? Comprehensive?

Would it be worth it to switch over the 1,500 or so coins I have around right now to Numista? Does anyone have another site which works very well?

Thank you for any recommendations you may make,
    -Evan

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

4. Evan Saltis

I just did a quick check of that website. I like the formatting, but as a world coin collector I don't think it fits my needs perfectly. However I could see it being a good tool. Thank you for sharing!

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

You can try - https://www.omnicoin.com/ - but it may not suit your needs either.

I would estimate there are at the least dozens of sites like this out there. But I doubt any of them are ever to going to meet everybody's needs and wants. But I do realize that's why you're asking.

6. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Consider learning HTML and creating your own site.
    It won't happen overnight but will certainly exercise your mind.

7. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

I use Numista. I've never swapped there but am open to it. I've gotten several swap requests, but they've all been from people wanting silver for common, base-metal moderns.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  8. Evan Saltis

That would be the case anywhere. I'd just shoot a message saying "precious for precious" and see if they revise the trade. I am heavily considering Numista. The date and years are very expansive. I love the setup of uCoin but it doesnt have even close to an expansive selection. I might consider going back once they catch up.

9. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

I haven't tried uCoin or other alternatives, but Numista does have extensive coverage, and the coin type pages have recent auction prices and links to auction searches on eBay and sales on Numiscorner, which is kind of nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted