Where to get brand new $1 bills?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Detecto92, Feb 27, 2012.

1. queeg9k

queeg9k New Member

tbudwiser-Neet, thanks for the link.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hkalankc

hkalankc New Member

Just a tip from my local bank :) they told me that the best time is to check around Christmas when the new bills start shipping in :)
    NOTE: If you want the notes nice & clear, make sure the teller don't machine count for you... just a quick shot fyi

IMG_2155.jpg

4. hkalankc

hkalankc New Member

just a suggestion :) if they wants to put (2) one dollar notes --- why don't they put (1) two dollar notes instead -- less counting, and easier to get nice notes

5. queeg9k

queeg9k New Member

We do what the client wants, we suggested $2 notes and they did not want to do it.

Today I got a whole strap of star notes! Have not gone through them yet to look for neat serial numbers yet.

Here is a crappy cell phone video of the machine putting glue dots on the bills.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTDwyS6Sjs[/video]

6. hkalankc

hkalankc New Member

true... just have to do what they want... if don't..they just go elsewhere....

on top there are a few buttons, the second last button is for you to embed the video :)

7. queeg9k

queeg9k New Member

[video=youtube;DiTDwyS6Sjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTDwyS6Sjs[/video]

8. queeg9k

queeg9k New Member

Bump from the dead!

I forgot I made an account here but googled my user name and found this thread.

I no longer work at the mailing company as it went out of business. I did find a lot of straps of star notes and saved a couple. I still have them in my safe!

Here is a better video of the machine applying a glue dot to each bill:

brad3436 likes this.
  9. Shutterbug55

Shutterbug55 New Member

I fold bills into origami animals. New $1 bills are great to do my design work and experimentation on. They also make great gifts. So, when I need a new bundle(pack, stack, what ever), I bring a folded dollar to the teller letting them know what I want to do with the crisp ones. Dragons and unicorns are VERY popular.

Now, every time I come in, I get hit with requests. I also get more crisp Dollar bills than I need. It's all in how you present the request. Remember you are dealing with people first. Those people deal with a bureaucratic agency like a bank, so you have to get them to want to help you.

Draft saved Draft deleted