Where to get brand new $1 bills?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Detecto92, Feb 27, 2012.

1. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

good luck with any bank getting you $400,000 of any condition 1's. its just not gonna happen. when a bank orders money they get what ever their armored service they deal with brings them. you would probably have to get an account with brinks or one of the armored car services and they still wont do it for a 1 time deal. from my experience working at the bank when people wanted over $100,000 in any denomination is was a big hoopla. banks are not going to take the risk even if you have the money in an account that's been open for years. to much of a security risk in general ie armed guards with AK's and shotguns. i am dead serious. you will have a better chance of winning the lottery than having that request fulfilled and then if by some miracle you could swing it you can guarantee uncle sam will be all over that transaction. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

$400,000 in $1 FRNs is 25 cash packs which would weigh over 800 pounds. Bring a forklift. :)

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

It ain't like in the movies. Most branch banks wouldn't keep that kind of stock on hand. It would be like Safeway putting 400,000 cans of beans in one of their stores. Wouldn't happen.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Why are these notes usually replaced?

And to the OP, care to say why you need $400k in singles? I'm sure everybody is wondering.

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Are you the guy that put the pictures of Santa Claus, etc. over the portrait of Washington and sells each note for $10?

7. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I'm guessing.....eats out a lot and is a cheap tipper.

brad3436 likes this.
  8. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

9. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

It would probably be easier to get $400,000 worth of Presidential dollar coins from the mint. I hear they have a few laying around.

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

example of rollover pair

11. queeg9k

queeg9k New Member

I work at a bulk mailing company. We are sending out a survay for a client that wants to put (2) one dollar notes on it to get people to send it back.

12. Dr Kegg

Please keep us informed of any special notes you get, especially stars!

13. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

It would, but you can best believe that if I had that kind of oppertunity, I would take advantage!

14. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Apparently the BEP makes a habit of pulling the two sheets containing the xxxx9999 and xxxx0000 serials, so that they can check to be sure that all the serialling registers rolled over correctly. When so many digits have to roll over at once, that's the most likely time for a wheel to jump and start creating mismatched-serial errors, and the BEP wants to catch it right away if it happens. Or at least, that's the explanation I've read....

15. Dr Kegg

Thanks for the explanation Numbers. I always wondered about that but never researched it.

16. queeg9k

queeg9k New Member

Ran about $20,000 this morning got a few star notes.

series: 2009
    Serials:
    G00566865*
    G00566878*
    G00566883*
    G00566879*
    G00566880*
    Are they anything special?

I will post up some pics when I get home.

Thanks for all the help!

17. urbanchemist

nope nothing special that i see.

18. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Well, did you see the fact that they are of a 640k run?? Have you seen what they are selling for? I've seen quite a few of them in CHCU condition go for some nice premiums...

19. queeg9k

queeg9k New Member

How do you tell it is only a run of 640k?

I R n00b

20. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

21. urbanchemist

well no i didnt see what the print run was. i still dont think they will go for much of a premium. i have been selling notes and very, rare hard to get notes for the past few months and nothing is going for nice premiums. including those same exact star notes that i have a bunch of. so my answer is still the same. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted