Where to find the complete RSC?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Paul M., Jan 16, 2017.

1. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I've been looking around and wanting to pick up Roman Silver Coins, because it's easier to use than Cohen for looking up coins in Reka Devnia. Anybody got any tips on where I could find all 5 volumes for a decent price? I'd like new copies of the more recent reprints if possible. So far, I'm looking at VCoins and Amazon.

Edit: I'm also looking for a nice copy of RIC 3. If anyone knows a good source for numismatic books in general, that would be great as well. :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aethelred

Aethelred The Old Dead King

I have complete sets of both of the above. I had to put both together in pieces as the are getting hard to find as sets.

I did find this just glancing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/601RIC-ROMA...283424?hash=item4b06d6bc60:g:zLAAAOSwhOVXdwrg

Seems like a good price although some of the reprints look like the 1997-2004 version which seem to have a less loyal following than the 1968 or 1972 versions. Having said that I've never put eyes on the 2004s and they may be just fine.

RSC you will almost have to do a book at a time. You will just want to be sure you are getting the latest edition of each volume.

Paul M. and dadams like this.
  4. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Paul M. likes this.
  5. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

RIC, RSC and old Sear all have more than one edition out there so you need to know what you want. I like the line drawings in the 1967 edition of RSC volume 1 but that is before Crawford so it lacks his numbers (big shortcoming!). Later editions have photos and Crawford. Many RIC sets I have seen offered lately have the old editions of 1 and 2. Do you care? Pay accordingly.

red_spork and Paul M. like this.
  6. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted