Where to buy 18th century and earlier Russian/Polish coins?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Dougmeister, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Other than eBay (which is rampant with fakes) and VCoins (which may be higher quality than I want), does anyone know any websites or dealers who would have a nice selection that they would recommend?

I have one contact in Europe who finds them metal detecting, and although the quality is obviously lower, I kind of like the fact that they have been "dug up" and resurrected, so to speak.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

4. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Thanks from one Doug to another ;-)

5. jcm

jcm Active Member

Dmitry Markov in NY and Alex Basok in Chicago.

6. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

It depends what you are after. Ebay is still a decent hunting ground if you know what you are looking for. That's how I obtained some of the scarcer to rarer Russian coins.

If there are any fields that you are interested in particular, let me know and I can give some examples.

7. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

MA-Shops - is one of the best sites in Europe.

8. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Agreed, that is where I buy quite a bit too. The site and its "sister" for auctions focus on Europe though, also as far as the sellers are concerned.

Don't give Delcampe such a bad reputation. ;) Side note: The VDDM that you mentioned is one association of coin dealers in Germany; another one is the Münzenverband. You cannot actually buy any coins at the association sites, but they have lists of dealers ...

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted