Where do you guys get your coin albums/folders?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ace71499, Mar 14, 2018.

1. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Hey Guys,

Recently I've been trying to get some coin albums/folders to attempt to organize my collection. However whenever I go and look for them, the price just turns me away. I'm hoping that you veteran collectors would know where the best price is. According to my research, it seems that wizard coin supply is cheapest, at 2.49+4.99 shipping, which still seems high.

These are the folders I am looking for, but I'd take something similar... brand doesn't matter to me.

IMG_0162.PNG
    Specifically right now I'm looking a Roosevelt dime folder, Mercury dime, Ike (which I think is paired with SBA), and Jefferson nickels. Just off the top of my head.

Thanks for the advice!

Jason

(Hopefully someone knows where a whole hoard of albums are buried. I don't mind digging them up :) )

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

If you have access to Hobby Lobby or Barnes and Noble these stores carry coin folders and albums. I have only bought them at brick and mortar stores. Hobby Lobby always has a 40% coupon for one item. Also check the Whitman website. They run specials on folders and coin supplies all the time. They ship free on orders over $50.

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

When you order from Wizard make sure your order is large enough to make the shipping worth the amount paid.
    So if you're only buying 1 item yes shipping is going to be a lot more than buying said item else where in a hobby store.
    I highly recommend Wizard coin supplies for the items they carry,inventory, price and most of all customer service.
    Two thumbs up 5 ***** service

JPeace$ likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Sometimes at shows dealers sell usec albums from collections they have purchased.....I seen Dansco albums in really nice condition at $5 each.

-jeffB likes this.
  6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I know that interwebs shopping is the fashion these days. I can’t help but think that the shipping on a Whitman album would cost near as much as the album itself..... As was said before, Hobby shops, local stamp/coin dealers tend to have loads of them cheap. I have seen them in bookstores. They are readily available local to you I am sure.

7. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

I buy Used Dansco or Whitman albums at my local coin shop for $1.00 or $2.00 each. They get them when someone sells off collections and no longer want the albums. They are usually like new and premium albums for a buck or two.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  8. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I like Wizard Coin Supply for most things. But like Paddy54 stated, you should place an order large enough to make shipping more palatable. I'd suggest getting books on the series you're looking to collect in addition to the albums.

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. zktk01

zktk01 New Member

Go to a coin show if you can, sometimes really good deals are there especially if you go later in the afternoon, and they don't want to carry stuff back to the shop or car. I have bought a Dansco Presidential Coin Album for $3, and Whitman albums for $1 a piece.

10. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Wizard has those HE HARRIS folders for $2.75 a piece.
    3 Roosevelt, 1 Merc, 1 Ike/SBA, 3 Jeff = 8 folders x $2.75 = $22
    I did an estimate to ship to 90210 using Wizard's "Estimate Shipping" button, and the cheapest was a little under $12.

8 folders for $34 = $4.25/folder

Find it cheaper.

Paddy54 likes this.
  11. Paddy54

Again if your order is larger enough Wizard is the way to go.....shipping no matter what is costly....just another reason I stopped selling on e bay....you want how much to list ,how much for the listing, final value fee, oh and now you want me to ship priority mail at $6.00 on top of that?
    So yes shpping is very costly....and you need to maximize your order to get the best deal all around.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted