Where can I get one of these?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Chiefbullsit, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Looking to buy one if I can find one, thanks for any help.

image00727.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Johndoe2000$ and Chiefbullsit like this.
  4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

5. Zonker

Zonker Active Member

Might go well with

Attached Files:

6. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

@Chiefbullsit, very nice. Hope you find one.
    @paddyman98, thanks for the link. There are many awesome medals/tokens available there. One in particular, caught my eye, and is now on my want list. It is a depiction of the Goddess of War, flying over a city, holding a sword, and a flaming torch. It immediately made me think of some of the early American visions of Liberty. The stuff of nightmares. :nailbiting: Here's what I'm speaking of...

Verdun, by Martin Götze. Obverse: Goddess of War hovering over Verdun with sword and blazing torch; reverse: nine line inscription signed Petzols, Frankenhuis 1075; BDM VII, 386. Cast iron, grey patina, 106 mm., EF, $349.

image022.png

7. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Johndoe2000$ and Chiefbullsit like this.
  8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Just bought this one, sellers pics. When it arrives from Italy I'll post some more pics.

rr-horz - Copy.jpg

9. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

That is one nasty looking woman!

Stevearino and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I love French medals. Can you tell me what you paid for it?

Chris

11. amorris

amorris Member

I live in NY and that guy is so annoying. Never open, or at least open to me, and kind of mean

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I hope not mean! I've had a few transactions with him, and he was always quite friendly. On and off eBay.

As for that gorgeous medal in the OP, I saw one go through a European auction not too long ago. There is one on eBay now...it's on my watch/want list but right now I have my eye on something else. The eBay one is much pricier than the other one, so maybe the guy will negotiate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/France-Silver-Art-Nouveau-Medal-c-1900-by-Vernon-Train-East-Railroad/282649863256?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

edited to add: oops, I missed the post that the OP got one...can't wait to see it!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    amorris likes this.
  13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

He is strange. Once I walked into shop and I was alone inside for half an hour... He was upstairs sleeping in his office. He thought he had locked the front door. If I was a no good thief I could of stolen a lot of stuff he had out in the open! Medals, silver, ancients... It was crazy!

14. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

That dude has some huge knockers!

Draft saved Draft deleted