Where can I buy an original $1 & $5 Food Stamp note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tlasch, Nov 4, 2010.

1. tlasch

tlasch Penny Hoarder & Food Stamp Aficionado

Hello CT, I am back after a long absence.
    I truly cannot believe how asking a simple question could blow up.

I've read a lot of responses. I have been buying Food Stamp Notes Via eBay these days.

Might have irritated a seller with a lowish offer. He/she might contribute here.

But I have to have their 1967 set in my collection!

By the way after years of waiting I finally got my first $5 food stamp note.
    How have yalla been!?!?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

It's alive!! We thought you had sailed into the mists of time. Welcome back -- now you can answer all the newbies who want to sell you their food stamps. :)

Let's see a scan of that $5 -- is it the purple one with Lincoln?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  4. tlasch

It is indeed the purple one with Lincoln!

Hahahaha wonder how many of them stuck around
    It is interesting to note that while I 100% believe this note to be authentic, it's watermark pattern is significantly different and it appears to have been glued into the book unlike the series 1995b I procured years ago. The 1995b has a USDA and liberty Bell watermark pattern and this one is a series of vertical lines approximately 1/8" apart.

I no longer have a scanner so here is a picture

Attached Files:

George McClellan likes this.
  5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The photo you posted has Jefferson, not Lincoln.

6. tlasch

Sorry was so tired I got confused. My Lincoln's are arriving Wednesday I'll post a high res when the get here

gsalexan and SteveInTampa like this.
  7. SteveInTampa

Do you have any food coupon star notes ?

8. tlasch

That I do not, what I really want to know and what I believe is that when food stamps become star notes, is the whole book star notes? Since the entire book has the same serial number I believe this to be the case.

I would love a star note set but the last time I saw one the duse had a single $1 note for $75 not worth 75× face to me.

9. SteveInTampa

I highly recommend reading Peter Huntoon’s and Tom Conklin’s comprehensive article published in the May/June 2011 edition of Paper Money Magazine (SPMC), titled 1939-2009 U.S.Department of Agriculture Food Coupons. It covers virtually everything about printings, denominations, dates and common misconceptions.

George McClellan likes this.
  10. Deja

Deja New Member

edited - please read forum rules

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  11. Lisa Angal

Lisa Angal New Member

Hi my name is Lisa I have a couple of booklets of the old paper food stamps. You said they go for free to five times face to a collector. Are you a collector? Do you want to purchase them? Do you know a collector or someone who wants to purchase them if you don't want to? I take care of my senior mom and I could use the money. Please please contact me and help me out with this I would greatly greatly appreciate it. You can contact me on my Gmail. Which is d i v a f r o m n y 18@gmail.com all lowercase letters no spaces. If there is a collector out there and they read this please contact me. Thank you God bless stay safe

12. Lisa Angal

Lisa Angal New Member

Hi my name is Lisa I have a couple of booklets of the old paper food stamps. You said they go for free to five times face to a collector. Are you a collector? Do you want to purchase them? Do you know a collector or someone who wants to purchase them if you don't want to? I take care of my senior mom and I could use the money. Please please contact me and help me out with this I would greatly greatly appreciate it. You can contact me on my Gmail. Which is d i v a f r o m n y 18@gmail.com all lowercase letters no spaces. If there is a collector out there and they read this please contact me. Thank you God bless stay safe

13. Lisa Angal

Lisa Angal New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted