Where are all the great threads?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dctjr80, May 10, 2010.

1. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Man, I thought we were dealing with a newbie until I glanced at his numbers. I think Ruben is just pulling the good old "fast one" on ya.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

No, he's not been around much in a looooooong time.

tmoneyeagles likes this.
  4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

honestly, i don't remember posting that.

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Maybe I was making a commentary on South American Coins when I was under the influence of good scotch. What day was that? March 16th? Was that Purim?

6. FmrFiatFollower

FmrFiatFollower Note-orious & Numismatic

I agree with the OP. I have found the quality of posts, and responses, to be less than impressive in comparison to past years.

I watched this site for a long time before joining, and have been disappointed as of late.

7. FmrFiatFollower

FmrFiatFollower Note-orious & Numismatic

I think the crux is that there used to be a lot more people interested in actually talking coins, sharing knowledge, and helping the next generation of numismatists.

What I see now is a lot of muscle flexing, one-upsmanship, and less attention spent on raising up a new generation of numismatists.

Luckily it seems people on here have thick skin. There are also other sites to visit.

I'm sure the CT loyalist posse will be all over this. We understand you don't see this, as you're blind as to what's right in front of you.

Draft saved Draft deleted