Where are all the great threads?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dctjr80, May 10, 2010.

1. RUFUSREDDOG

RUFUSREDDOG Senior Member

How about this?

I really miss the Best~est Thread~est thingie.

But I'm still hung up on finding out what

GD...JM...SP stands for.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

As was reported, the latest update to the forum software no longer supports the TOTW thingie. Sorry bout that.

It's my initials - thought everybody knew that by now.

4. RUFUSREDDOG

RUFUSREDDOG Senior Member

tHAT IS WHY

tHAT IS WHY i MISS IT!

But I never knew a person that worn a hat like your avatar to have so many initials!:rolleyes:

5. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Is it weird I know what they all stand for? I'm on cointalk toooo much.
    The idea sounds good, although it does sound like it could get to be alot of work for you Doug.
    Just so everyone knows.....

If you look at the top right of the thread you are reading right now, there is an option to "rate thread"
    If a thread get's enough votes and they are high enough, then the thread icon will go up in flames showing it's a "hot topic" Something to be aware of.

6. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

I must admit that I was motivated by the TOTW approach and it inspired me to contribute threads that could qualify. However, through software updates, the history of those threads were erased. This happened two times and then, after the history was erased, the feature died. So, that, along with being lazy, made me stop attempting to write something intelligent :rolleyes: for the board's consumption.

7. coinprez

coinprez Junior Member

I have been told that it is a "sad day when you cannot learn something new",usually by my Dad,and that "there are no stupid questions,just stupid answers".Well I hope anybody with a question voices it and gets a good answer in order to learn something new to brighten their day,regardless of age or experience.
    If

8. I have not had too much time to get on the forum much lately, as I have been devoting practically all my time to one of my other hobbies. It's been like that my whole life, I will do one thing, then set it aside and not go near it for a long time, then go back to it and not deal with the thing that I had been dealing with.

I currently spend time with three hobbies, and lately one that is not coin related has gotten all my time.

Also, I don't really think I have that much to offer. I've only been collecting since 2008, and I can't afford to aquire new coins that often, so I can't make any new discoveries, and I don't have new things to show off or ask about. My last new addition was in March, and before that, December. Some people on here are able to add something new practically daily, and the wealth of knowledge on this forum is simply staggering...that's actually why I am here...to learn, mainly!

9. halfdfanboy

halfdfanboy Senior Member

Penny Lady, I highly enjoyed your post and thoughts from the other side of the coin counter. Looking foward to your next works.

10. halfdfanboy

Billy, I think we may be related. Or least have the same genes.

11. halfdfanboy

Doug always throws off great wisdom. Maybe it comes from his age. ;)
    But coin talk is only like everything else, it's what you make of it.

12. GDJMSP

Gonna getcha for that :D

13. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

Lets face it, Grumpie Da Jackal Man Slash Pumpkin, you are out of things to make payback happen.

On a side note, yes I do see the quaility of threads decreasing. There are however some really great threads still being created, its just stuff that very few here are interested in (check the wolrd/ancient forum, for instance).

14. coinprez

coinprez Junior Member

If you want a subject discussed,start a thread.The quality will depend on the interest of members,who contribute,who question what they don't understand,and who want more information.

15. phubanks

phubanks Junior Member

Why not have a "Thread Hall of Fame" area sticky'd at the top of this board. It would be nice for us newcomers to be able to read all the old great threads that have fallen off the top due to their age (last post). Maybe the moderator can pick the ones he thinks warrant this treatment (or you could go by number of responses)

For example I loved this thread ...
    http://www.cointalk.com/t42415/

I am sure there are others that are more important and informative than this (but I did love the above thread)

16. GDJMSP

Did you read this ? http://www.cointalk.com/t107395-2/#post887506

Or read this ? http://www.cointalk.com/t107642/#post887826

17. GDJMSP

Just as an update - there are several posts that have received 4 nominations for the Clinker Award and a few more that have received 3 nominations.

One or two more nominations and those posts become winners !

So keep those nominations coming folks. Go back and read some of the older posts - you might even learn something ;)

And I have a lot of posts that have received 1 or 2 nominations. Overall, I am quite pleased with the response you folks have shown :thumb:

18. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

All you gotta do is complain to get results. ;)

19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

too complicated....

20. GDJMSP

This is the entire post of a noimination -

Yeah, I agree Ruben, that's pretty dang complicated :rolleyes:

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

How did I miss that post? Anyway, it couldn't get myself to read through all instructions, history, discussion. What is the bottom line? We have a new method to create clinker awards? You quote the post and put Clinker Award Nomination in the reply? KISS KISS KISS?
    :hail:

Draft saved Draft deleted