When to sell silver?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by clint1970, Jul 30, 2020.

1. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

Silver is going up, then it comes down alittle, then back up. I have some 40 and 90% halves. My local coin dealer is offering 7.25 per 90% coin, and 2.60 per 40% coin. Not sure if should sell before prices take a dive or hold on and hope it goes higher?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Conduitt

John Conduitt Well-Known Member

The eternal question for gamblers everywhere.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Try not to get too greedy! If you amassed your stack at face value from CRH, you can hold out for quite a while through the ups and downs, but don't expect that silver will go back to $50, again, any time soon. ~ Chris

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have bought gold under $300.00 in the 1990’s..... And I have bought silver close to $30.00 around 2010...... If we all knew when the right time was, heck we would all be wealthy..... I happen to feel like silver will continue to rise at least till election time in November. If I planned to sell, I think I would target late October. But then I am just guessing like everyone else. I don’t sell but that’s just me...... I do believe you could get a little more for your 90% halves right now though.

rosethe, Tuco and Inspector43 like this.
  6. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

If you need the money sell now.If not let it ride. The price will always go up and down. If you sell for less than you paid or you break even what's the point in buying it at all. PMs are long term investments in my opinion.

7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I plan on holding on to my silver until I need the money.
    Has nothing to do with the price.
    Right now I'm actually making a little money Selling interesting Rounds to non collectors who think they are cool. The 5oz Samoa Bat Quarter round is a popular one. They just think it's neat to have a quarter that big.

QuintupleSovereign likes this.
  8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

My first chance to buy gold was at $60. With 6 kids in the house it just wasn't going to happen. Dang!

Tuco, longshot and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  9. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

hold em or fold em ?

10. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Completely agree and would wait too. As crazy as 2020 has been there's a lot more to come, things are about to be turned up to 11.

rosethe likes this.
  11. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

I got all for free from my aunt, I know nobody is telling me what to do. But I think im going to hold'em. see what prices do. From reading some posts, I have no money in them, I will take the risk that prices will hit 130!! lol atleast close to a 1/3 of it

12. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

You never know. Some would have said you were crazy if you said in the year 2000 that in 20 years gold would be up 600% but here we are.

13. rosethe

rosethe Junior Member

I just sold on Monday when spot was $24.50 for 15x FV which was 15% below spot to the dealer. I bought 1/10 gold with it.

14. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

@Tuco , Good name and like your avatar,,,, that movie played tonight, watched it for the 20th time.

Tuco likes this.
  15. Derek2200

Derek2200 Well-Known Member

When your in a profit position

16. nuMRmatist

nuMRmatist Well-Known Member

Perhaps with exception of commodities , and precious metals , it's a BUYER'S market right now ...

Draft saved Draft deleted