When buying on bullion sites...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Pi man, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

I say bullion sites because that's what I have experience with, but I suppose it may hold true with other sites as well.

There are different prices for different payment options, with a bank wire typically being the cheapest. My question is would sending the money using Paypal gift pass for a bank wire?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Unlikely. The bank wire is for security, not cost - it's instant and unreversible.

Not to mention you have no protection if you use Paypal Gift. They can take your money and run, legally, because you gifted it to them.

4. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

read the webpage, pp and credit cards are always higher.

5. SuperDave

That's because their margins are minimal and both Paypal and the CC company charge them for their service. Bank wires don't cost them money. It's not like they'd accept Paypal Gift anyway.

6. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

That applies to regular pp, that's why I inquired about gift, which is fee-free.

7. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight Dave

8. SuperDave

It's kinda scary, actually, how unprotected Paypal Gift is. You could probably say you were duped and successfully dispute a credit card charge, but Paypal wouldn't lift a finger for you. A bank wire is a little more hassle but structurally identical to a Paypal transaction. Just without Paypal to complicate things. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted