Featured Wheats Cents/Pennies: Full Profile (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Wheatmaster101, Apr 11, 2015.

1. loopytoad74

loopytoad74 Active Member

A programme I watched the other day mentioned the 1919S in with his list of key dates, but I didn't quite catch why.!! Any ideas?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

He either meant 1909 s or he didn't have any idea what he was talking about. 1919 s is quite common, and you can find 20-30 or more in a good bag of 5000.

Naplesjack and loopytoad74 like this.
  4. loopytoad74

loopytoad74 Active Member

I know he had 1909's on his list so it must be your second suggestion which I agree.As you know,most key date list's are practically the same that's why I thought it was odd hearing 1919s as I haven't seen it on any other list's.
    Thanks for replying.[emoji106]

5. justafarmer

justafarmer Senior Member

Just to give you an idea of the layout for the design of the Lincoln Cent. This is for 1925. Depending on when new artwork was compiled into a new galvano and new master Hub created - the location of the 4 main design elements "Liberty", "IGWT", "Bust", "19 of date" in relation to the each other may not be constant throughout the entire series.
    Wheat_Layout 02282014jpg.JPG

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  6. justafarmer

Here is construction for 1909 for those interested wheat layout 1909.jpg

loopytoad74, girldly and gronnh20 like this.
  7. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

@justafarmer did you make those layouts? I had other questions if you did.

8. justafarmer

Yes, I constructed those layouts. What do you want to know?

gronnh20 and girldly like this.
  9. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

One, was how did you determine centerline of the coin? Was there a reference? How did you choose the marker lines i.e. the lines from the date to motto? Do you have layouts for the reverse as well?

I thought the layouts were informative and I had been looking for something similar. Just curious.

10. justafarmer

Here is the reverse wheat setup reverse.jpg

loopytoad74 and gronnh20 like this.
  11. Rosa Sanchez

Rosa Sanchez New Member

Just wanted to know if any of this pennys is worth holding on to??

Attached Files:

12. Rosa Sanchez

Rosa Sanchez New Member

Just wondering about this coins!If anybody has any info?

Attached Files:

13. Wheatmaster101

None of the coins pictured are particularly valuable. However, I do keep the copper cents (1959-1982) and especially the wheat copper cents (1909-1958). Are there specific errors you think you have found, if not, enjoy collecting and welcome to cointalk!

Rosa Sanchez likes this.
  14. Rosa Sanchez

Rosa Sanchez New Member

This penny looks like it has an error?But I don't know much about coins.My brother had this pennys saved a bunch of 69 n 74

Attached Files:

15. Wheatmaster101

Hard to tell. Looks to be wear from the pics. However, on the front the right side rim looks wide. Most likely PMD (Post Mint Damage).

Rosa Sanchez likes this.
  16. Rosa Sanchez

Rosa Sanchez New Member

Its not wear I don't think so it's kinda thinner on the side of the date?Thank you very much for you help!

17. gijoe76

gijoe76 A Penny Saved is a Penny earned

One of my key date wheat cents. NGC MS66RB 1955 Doubled Die. NGC grades only 2 at MS66 with 1at MS66RD and my MS66RB example [​IMG]

18. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

About the 1909-S VDB:

Where do you get this data on the number of fakes?

19. Rosa Sanchez

Rosa Sanchez New Member

Hi this is a 2000 Penny found it in my brothers collection.Does anybody have any information?

Attached Files:

20. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

That's corroded. Not an error.
    Rosa you should start your own threads for coins you have questions about. You might get more responses that way versus posting them in someone elses thread.

Rosa Sanchez likes this.
  21. justafarmer

I plotted a point at the center base of the "I" of "IN" and created a circle from that point that followed the entire arc of the motto and ran through a point plotted at the center of the base of the last "T" in trust. Drew a line from the midpoint of the arc through the pivot point of the circle. Drew a line perpendicular to this line through the pivot point of the circle. Maybe I didn't hit deadset center but it is pretty close.

I have often wondered how the artwork and galvano casting was created. Was it cast from a single artwork or a compiled artwork.

gronnh20 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted