Wheaties, Jefferson Nickels, Canadian cents and nickels coin worth

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Michael Wuensch, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Howdy all,
    I have a neighbor looking to sell a small collection of wheat pennies, Jefferson nickels, and some Canadian cents and nickels. They are in sparsely populated books and/or loose and nothing looks to be in very good condition, so I wanted to ask what I should offer (fair but not retail price) for the following:
    Wheat Pennies
    Jefferson Nickels
    Canadian Small cents (George V, 1910-1936)
    Canadian Cents (George VI, 1936-1952)
    Canadian Nickels (George V, 1910-1936)
    Canadian Nickels (George VI, 1936-1952)

Thanks in advance!
    (I was going to post in Foreign Coins, but is Canada really a foreign Country!?! ;-)

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jim-P

Jim-P Well-Known Member

I think 5x face value on the USA coins would be fair if not generous. Less on the Canadian coins.

Mr.Q and capthank like this.
  4. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Hard to say without pictures and if you post them in the same thread it will be hard to keep up with the replies. This web site might give you a little information about the wheat cents.

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/index.html

If any of the wheat cents are semi-key or key dates listed on the site, they may be more valuable than the more common! Other wise I would probably only offer 2-3 time face value if they are in fair condition! You might also look the coins up on eBay in the sold area to see what they have sold for in the past!

Mr.Q likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Without specifics it’s difficult to say. Just use your best judgment as to what is fair was they are you friend.

Mr.Q and spirityoda like this.
  6. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Minimal value if any on most of the coins. In my opinion, I would pass. The decision is yours, good luck.

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Without photos, I doubt you'll have any luck at all.
    Post under: For Sale or have him take them to a local coin shop and see what they would give, if anything.

buckeye73 and Mr.Q like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted