Wheat penny collection

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by twistedtradr, Apr 7, 2016.

1. twistedtradr

twistedtradr New Member

I am looking for any idea on a starting big range. And possibly a good place preferebly online to auction. If your interested in making an offer please feel free to contact me.thanks for any input.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Couple points. Ebay would be a good place with a starting price of $0.01. If you go that route I would encourage you to take photos of each coin's obverse and reverse, although on second thought, with this probably selling in the <$1 range you could probably get away with one group shot of the obverse and one of the reverse.

There is a sale section here if you want to solicit offers, but the regular forums are not the place to do it. These are very common coins and don't have much value. I generally think in the $0.03 to $0.05 range for common wheats. So I think you have about $0.30 worth of coins.

4. twistedtradr

twistedtradr New Member

I would think I would get more than .30c . The top coin has a mint error on the left wheat on reverse. And the bottom three also have a mint error where the last S in states , the top 1/4 is shorter than usual and you can see a seem where it's over lapping on itself. Not a huge error I know.

5. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

I see something on the top coin reverse, but not sure I would call it an error, can you post better pictures of that coin? The bottom three are not errors with the last S in states.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Whether you get 30c or $3 depends on how good your photos are, and based on these photos, you're likely to get nearer to the low end. Everybody thinks their coins are worth more than others think, but you need to show everyone why that should be the case. Separate photos of the obverse and reverse of each coin plus close-ups of the errors you claim to be present are imperative.

No offense intended, but this is not the correct forum for soliciting offers from others.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted