Wheat Penny Collection vs Mintage

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Wildbillsdog, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Wildbillsdog

Wildbillsdog New Member

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

That is indeed interesting. Some folks have too much time on their hands, and I salute those folks. LOL

Interesting to me is how it shows the attrition of the dates from the late 'teens. Lots were minted, but not as many would show up in a bulk lot today because they've either been snatched up or are out there in the ground or lost in other ways.

Also interesting is the spike of the 1955 cents, which he has in greater abundance than their mintage might suggest. I suspect this is because a lot more of those got saved, maybe because everybody was looking for the famous 1955 doubled die cents.

He doesn't mention how he accumulated all the coins, however; whether it was from coin roll hunting or bulk Wheat bag searching or individual purchases or some combination thereof.

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

interesting chart.

5. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

So what does it all mean? That the number of coins he has for each date very roughly match the production figures? Of what importance is that? I guess I'm missing something.

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

he had a lot of time on his hands. my guess for the chart was to see what dates he was getting the most of.

7. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

So, he has a big bag of the wheat, at least, he has worked for it, unlike Presidents. Now, if he adds the date 2017 to his chart, it'll be complete.

8. Wildbillsdog

Wildbillsdog New Member

Looks like he is a numismatic numerologist.

Draft saved Draft deleted