Wheat cents lot purchases

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by OnEWB, Mar 9, 2016.

1. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

In no way shape or form have I ever felt entitled. Let's get that straight. The big picture here is that you assumed I was trying to profit on buying Wheats. I never said that. I asked how much someone would pay for pick vs non picked. Your answer did nothing for me. Sorry.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

Oh. And what I wanted to hear was home much you would pay. That's what I wanted to hear. Your response was not an answer to my question and an assumption on what it was I was trying to do. So no matter how knowledgable you are, your response was not helpful.

4. Kapimono

Kapimono Active Member

When I buy a collection I pay 2 cents and resell for 3 cents each. A local coin shop near me sells them for 4 cents each. I generally leave ebay alone on buying wheat lots, just too many resells there that are mostly cleaned, culled or strictly from the 50's. I'd build a good relationship with a coin dealer near you and try to buy locally. I normally don't like paying 4 cents each, but after talking to him he informed me he simply punches out cent books and bags the coins up, never looks at them. He says he doesn't have time to wasted looking for rare dates, and the odds that a big coin being in a Whitman folder is pretty slim. Myself and several other people have pulled semi key's and better from his 4 cent per coin bags. So I'm willing to pay him more, knowing I have a pretty good chance to find a good coin...it makes it fun. Then again, I'm a cherry picker...today I found the following from him, 1939DDO, 1941DDO, 1944D/S, 1944D/D, 1947S/S, 1955d DDO. For your purposes, I wouldn't pay more than 3 cents without knowing your source. Good luck. :)

5. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

A good thing to remember is everyone is giving you their opinion. That doesn't make it true. Trust your gut, and your knowledge. Don't throw a coin away if you aren't sure about it. Check other sources as well as this site, and study

Kapimono likes this.
  6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

"I wanted", "I wanted", but you, and "let's get this straight", "in no way, shape, or form have ever felt entitled", huh?

Nothing initially said to you was in the slightest way disrespectful, "attacking", or whatever other accusatory nonsense you've spewed. You don't like or find it helpful, that's fine, but there's little worse than a full grown man whining over not hearing what he wanted to. Being new to this hobby, you would be wise, even if you don't find something said to you to be immediately helpful, to open your ears more than your mouth. Good luck to you, sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted