wheat cent bank score today

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by silver surfer, Aug 6, 2008.

1. silver surfer

silver surfer Senior Member

Bought $5 in cents from the Bank,not much to speak of in the first 9 rolls but the last one was a solid roll of wheats(first time for me).
    Oldest was a 1940 and many were 56,57 and 58 but still exiting.
    The teller told me they came from a women customer whose father had passed recently and that she also showed him 4 morgan's $ which she knew enough to hold on to.http://www.cointalk.org/images/icons/icon9.gif
    Unhappy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

Anytime you can find a roll of wheaties you are doing good

4. davdo

davdo Senior Member

About 10 years ago I used to have to go to the bank for the drug store I worked for. I got to know the tellers pretty well and one day a teller told me she had received $10 worth of cents that were aparently all wheaties. I asked her to hold them for me (I had no money on me, of my own that is!). I went back the next day and somehow $5 worth had been given to someone else. I got the ones that were left and took them home. I got busy and forgot about them. I just recently finished going through them. Nothing spectacular except for about 25 1957D (I think off the top of my head) that looked uncirculated (I'm not good at grading, but they are REALLY 'shiney'). They aren't worth much but the whole lot was a really exciting find. I really enjoyed going through them. David.

Draft saved Draft deleted